WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Football Manager Touch 2018 surprisingly came out on Nintendo Switch today.

Never played a Touch version but by all accounts it's a streamlined version closer to the Classic games. Great addition to the Switch library.

• Paid Members

Wonder if it's the same port as the handheld versions for Android/iOS, which is effectively the streamlined version you described. 

I've been playing the handheld versions of FM for about three years on the trot now and it's just as addictive and fun to play, along with retaining a large database of players etc.

There's only a couple of downsides for me which for all I know might apply to the PC game as well, but one thing I've noticed is that at times it has unrealistic transfer fees (then again that might be truer to real life these days!) for players lower down the pecking order in terms of demand. Also despite winning promotions with your club and moving up the leagues, your reputation remains low enough that you won't be able to get bigger/better jobs if you apply for them - even in the lower leagues - until several years into your save. 

Currently on a Coventry City save where I've taken them from League 2 to the Premier League in the space of about seven seasons (the other thing about the handheld element is that you can rattle through the games fairly quickly). Closing in on survival in their first season at the top table in a fair while!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Wonder if it's the same port as the handheld versions for Android/iOS, which is effectively the streamlined version you described. 

I find it far too streamlined. It's fine for the daily commute, but it's nowhere near as deep as I'd want it to be- and that's from someone that thinks the PC version is too long-winded these days. I usually wait until it's down to a few quid before I buy it, so if this is the same version for the Switch, I dread to think how much they'll charge for it.

Decided I'm going to get a Switch for my kids at Christmas, if they keep going on about it as much as they are now. They both love Mario and Zelda games, so there will be plenty for them. Plus, I'm definitely going to get them Labo.

• Paid Members

Have you played any of the Assassin's Creed games before? Some of it bears some similarities- in terms of hunting, crafting, unlocking 'greyed-out' areas as a means of progression etc. The gameplay itself, being first person, isn't too dissimilar from COD games. It's pretty easy to get used to, I'd say the Far Cry series is very good for casual gamers.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

Plus 3 has Citra, the little minx. 

And that bloody awesome level where you have to blaze up a weed farm whilst a Skrillex & Damien Marley track plays on loop.

44 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

ÂŁ29.99. Sickening.

Yeah noticed it in Game earlier today, after I read the bit on the back 'we've scaled down the game so you're left with the bits you love- transfers and tactics!'. Fuckers. Also noticed Rocket League is also ÂŁ30, ridiculous.

20 hours ago, PunkStep said:

I find it far too streamlined. It's fine for the daily commute, but it's nowhere near as deep as I'd want it to be- and that's from someone that thinks the PC version is too long-winded these days. I usually wait until it's down to a few quid before I buy it, so if this is the same version for the Switch, I dread to think how much they'll charge for it.

Decided I'm going to get a Switch for my kids at Christmas, if they keep going on about it as much as they are now. They both love Mario and Zelda games, so there will be plenty for them. Plus, I'm definitely going to get them Labo.

It's a modified version of the android/IOS edition but has the match engine included which the mobile versions don't have. I can't get this, I just can't. I think I'd lose my job, family, all sorts.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

It's a modified version of the android/IOS edition but has the match engine included which the mobile versions don't have. I can't get this, I just can't. I think I'd lose my job, family, all sorts.

Interesting they’ve kept the match engine in. Admittedly that’s one drawback of the phone/tablet version, which just displays a series of dots moving around violently on the pitch.

Extremely addictive, especially on morning commutes/during the morning poo. 

If anyone likes the Telltale games I recommend picking up Tales From The Borderlands.

Great Soundtrack and story with some of the greatest voiceover artists who work in games.

The writing is hilarious and some moments had me in stitches. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

If anyone likes the Telltale games I recommend picking up Tales From The Borderlands.

Great Soundtrack and story with some of the greatest voiceover artists who work in games.

The writing is hilarious and some moments had me in stitches. 

This was available with Games With Gold a few months ago and I thought it was absolutely brilliant once I actually got round to playing it. I was then gutted to discover that plans for a second game had been canned because this one wasn't a big enough success commercially. I'd love more games set in that universe that aren't first-person shooters.

• Moderators

Assassin's Creed Syndicate is free on Games with Gold this month, and a blast if you like the idea of running around an incredibly well-realised Victorian London looking for Spring-heeled Jack and duffing up skeezy Dickensian gangs, which of course you do, unless you're an idiot. It really is gorgeous, in its 19th century grimness.

I've also started playing Fortnite, because I'm a cunt. I'm terrible at it though, so much worse than I am at PUBG, which I also play because I'm a cunt. I think Fortnite's brightly-coloured, cartoonish look lulls me into a false sense of security, so I'm running about looking at the nice trees and discovering things, whereas PUBG is all so grotty, I feel like I'll actually get shot in the head for real if I make too much noise when I'm hunkered down in an abandoned Eastern Bloc petrol station with blood up the wall and the distant sound of gunfire, so I'm way more cautious and tactically sound.

Edited by Astro Hollywood