WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

16 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

That's the one!

Loved that game. My two favourite things about it:

1) The crowd's applause abruptly halting during the umpire's speech before abruptly resuming, presumably because both sound files couldn't play at once.

2) Pretending to attack the umpire or my teammate with my racquet while repositioning before a serve.

22 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

The Master System is one of those consoles I just don't "get". I never had one as a kid so have no nostalgia for it, so to me it's just a console with 8-bit weaker versions of Mega Drive games. I tried going through a load of them and no games stood out as worth playing now unless you had nostalgia for them.

We did play some Vampire game on it which was apparently a Castlevania game and honestly played a lot better than the NES Castlevanias, but it didn't have that classic feel to it. Felt like a knockoff and we had to look it up because it was so much like Castlevania we thought it must have been one.

Master of Darkness.

Sega struggled to get the licence of a lot of third party game so they just made their own versions, there were several games that were just rip offs of Nintendo titles.

• Paid Members

I'm bored of playing Golden Axe on a hundred different platforms. What we really need is a Mega CD collection: Sonic CD (probably my favourite Sonic game), Sherlock Holmes, Jaguar XJ220, NIGHT TRAP. In fact, just Night Trap will do.

• Paid Members

I totally forgot about that, I haven't noticed it on the Xbox live store. I'll have a look!

Edit: they've had problems porting it to Xbone so it has been delayed. Ah, bollocks.

Edited by PunkStep

Can I trouble y'all for some advice. My brother keeps harping on about getting a bigger hard drive for his PS4 so he can  keep more games installed. Is there any major downside to having an external drive constantly hooked up via USB vs going to the trouble of replacing the internal one? 

44 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Night Trap was only recently rereleased with high quality video.

It’s going for £65 on Amazon on PS4 

it was about £200 a month ago so I’m gonna wait it out to pick up a copy. 

13 hours ago, hallicks said:

Can I trouble y'all for some advice. My brother keeps harping on about getting a bigger hard drive for his PS4 so he can  keep more games installed. Is there any major downside to having an external drive constantly hooked up via USB vs going to the trouble of replacing the internal one? 

Yeah they're great and easy. This is the ones I usually get for my PC and have one hooked up to my PS4;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-PlayStation/dp/B00TKFEEAS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1521284053&sr=8-3&keywords=seagate+1tb+portable+hard+drive

Just plug it in and format it (which you can do on the ps4 with one click). Fast, eaay and convenient.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, hallicks said:

While it has been a god-send for me not having to remove and replace games every time I get a new one, there is a downside in that the PS4 only has 2 USB slots so having one constantly taken up by a harddrive means doing things like charging pads and connecting the VR headset is a massive faff.
f you want to charge more than one pad you have to remove the harddrive to do so, which means if you're playing it you might lose access to a bunch of games. If you want to plug something else in like the VR for example, you can't charge pads for that period of time.

By all means get one, absolutely, but the PS4 is bare bones and it's hampered by that fact.