WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Any tips for when I eventually try the online? 

Have a look at the double $ and RP event for the week, gets you the cash a bit quicker.  Also, rob a vehicle and flog it at the mod shop, nice bit of pocket money. Think you can do it once in a space of time though.

Edited by Keith Houchen
I didn't follow the damn train

• Paid Members

Yup, Keith is spot on.

Theres a few lists online telling you which cars you can and can’t sell, along with value.

Opt for a lobby that takes your preference. I’ve never ventured outside of the standard one but it’s full of bell ends these days. Pretty sure you can opt for ones with rules such as ‘no flying bikes’ meaning you won’t get blown up every 10 seconds.

I made a fortune in the special races. I’m not a race car game fan but enjoyed these side games. You can usually rack up a few quid if you finish top half. Think I’ve won 10 races in total, not great but each win brought between 20-50k.

Theres a few pop up quests such as ‘fall the heighest without dying’ daft shit like that. Barely anyone takes part and if you win, it’s another 5k or so.

Go to GTA on the net and join a club, means that other members tend to have your back and are less likely to kill you in the open map.

When you feel up to it, do some of the missions on the wall in your apartment after you buy one. Some good money to be made.

As Keithy said, you get emails about double money and RP missions/side games. Always worth it.

Also, if you go online in a certain time frame there’s an occasional large sum of money to entice you to do so. Again, check emails.

You have to complete an intro/bank job before getting online. Remember to save it straight after or like me who had a slightly shit internet connection, you’ll need to redo it several times.

Defo up for getting back online myself, are you guys PS4?

• Paid Members

I borrowed my Wii U to a workmate months back, long before Christmas and only got it back a few weeks ago.

We decided we wanted to play Wind Waker on it so I dig it out of the drawer and go to get the game and it's nowhere to be seen.

I message the lad asking if I borrowed him it and I never, so I sit for a good half hour asking my partner if she remembers seeing it, or if we (very unlikely) traded it in for something. No idea.

So I go into the games room and I tip that place over, everything is off of shelves, I've emptied drawers, moved furniture, the lot. The room is a dump. After a good 45 minutes of crashing through this room like a sweaty neckbeardy Braun Strowman, I remember where it is.

It came built into my Wii U as a download. My limited edition Wind Waker Wii U. I've never even owned the fucking disc.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I borrowed my Wii U to a workmate months back, long before Christmas and only got it back a few weeks ago.

We decided we wanted to play Wind Waker on it so I dig it out of the drawer and go to get the game and it's nowhere to be seen.

I message the lad asking if I borrowed him it and I never, so I sit for a good half hour asking my partner if she remembers seeing it, or if we (very unlikely) traded it in for something. No idea.

So I go into the games room and I tip that place over, everything is off of shelves, I've emptied drawers, moved furniture, the lot. The room is a dump. After a good 45 minutes of crashing through this room like a sweaty neckbeardy Braun Strowman, I remember where it is.

It came built into my Wii U as a download. My limited edition Wind Waker Wii U. I've never even owned the fucking disc.

@*!_

• Paid Members

Any Pokémon fans on here?

Every few years I get the urge to carry on with my (twenty year and counting) dream of filling the Pokedex, but with every new generation the task gets bigger and harder

Now my daughter is getting a bit older she has started to watch the TV show which has reignited my desire to work on the dex.

What would be the best way to do this? I have Fire Red (not yet started), SoulSilver (not yet started), Black (complete but a few gaps in the dex) and X (complete but a few gaps in the dex).

Would it be best to start FireRed, catch any gaps I have from the newer games then transfer them over? Or ignore the older games and crack on with the newer ones? Basically is playing through the old games going to be a bit of a waste of time?

Soul Silver and Heart Gold should have the complete original 150 as you can go to Kanto post-game? I'm sure I remember being able to even get Mewtwo and the Legendary Birds in those versions.

So you could possibly skip FireRed, although that is one of my favs. I'm guessing you have an old DS to transfer from a GBA cart through Pal Park?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, waters44 said:

Would it be best to start FireRed, catch any gaps I have from the newer games then transfer them over? Or ignore the older games and crack on with the newer ones? Basically is playing through the old games going to be a bit of a waste of time?

I'd suggest you/your daughter cracking on with Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon, the latest ones. They will include a lot of the older ones and then you can fill in the blanks from there. I bought it for my 6yo son for his birthday and he loves it (like your daughter, he's caught the Pokemon bug and watches the old cartoons)- he's got the hang of it pretty quickly too and has beaten the first two gym bosses without my help at all.

But yeah Merzbow is correct re: Silver & Gold, as you can go back to Kanto it deems playing red/blue redundant. Although I'm not sure whether you can catch the three legendary birds and Mewtwo in the Silver/Gold version of Kanto? It's been 17 years to the month (FUCKING HELL) since I did that.

8 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

But yeah Merzbow is correct re: Silver & Gold, as you can go back to Kanto it deems playing red/blue redundant. Although I'm not sure whether you can catch the three legendary birds and Mewtwo in the Silver/Gold version of Kanto? It's been 17 years to the month (FUCKING HELL) since I did that.

That's something that was added to the DS remake. I think you need all 16 badges.

Edited by Merzbow