WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Took me about 3 games of FIFA 18 to realise it's still the same, infuriatingly shit game that gets put out annually. How people can stomach the turgid gameplay and frighteningly poor AI for more than an hour at a time amazes me.

Edited by AdamTH17

3 hours ago, scratchdj said:

I’ve really been enjoying your stream. Keep up the excellent work 👍

That’s really kind of you mate, thanks very much. At the end of the day, it’s just playing FM and having a bit of chat. What more could you want!

Thanks a lot for the support, it’s massively appreciated.

One of the things which is quite tricky to get a good balance of is between explaining your inner monologue to let people know your thoughts for certain actions and rambling on and boring people. Getting there slowly but surely.
The hat was down to a winger we had called Lee Holmes who had some great technical abilities and was spraying the ball around like a Spanish play maker. I changed his name to Leon Holmez, donned the sombrero and wear it pretty much every stream now.
It's really good fun, I started it in the middle of January and not really looked back, can't imagine not doing it now. As weird as it sounds FM is a great game choice for it too as it encourages communication.

Edited by Powerful_Fox

• Paid Members
On 22/02/2018 at 7:37 PM, SpursRiot2012 said:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is getting great reviews. Has anyone here played it? What do you reckon? Seriously considering grabbing it on payday for PC. 

So, I got this. It's very good. Devilishly hard early on as your character isn't really skilled at anything but you can improve. It's a bit buggy in places and the lack of a save and quit option is a bit sucky, but overall I'd recommend it.  

If you're a fan of something like Skyrim but can do without the fantasy stuff, you'll probably love this game. Looking at you, @PunkStep

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Keep doing what you're doing and have fun, I did! If you tried that approach in previous games you'd end up in trouble, but it's not really a problem in V. I S-ranked loads of missions going in loud and shooting the shit out of everyone because I was quick and efficient at doing it. It's one of the few games where stealth's an option that doesn't punish you for killing cunts. From a strictly gameplay standpoint it's a buttery smooth, masterful game. Shame that nearly everything else about it is dreadful.

I've got Survive coming and will be going into it with an open mind, I don't care about the #FucKonamiRuiningKojima'sLegacy movement (the story he wrote for 5 himself actively fucks up the entire series), but all the base building/recruitment shit from V and Piss Walker will get tedious again. Just let me kill zombies with that great Fox Engine please, Konami. And maybe let the main character say more than "okay" or "got it" every 20 hours or so!

1 hour ago, Thunderplex said:

Currently playing Metal Gear Phantom Pain.  Really heavy on stealth, unfortunatly I’m not, so just plundering through the game blasting the fuckers.

I used the dog as my side kick, it scouts out where all the enemies are so it’s easier to send them to base or get around easier

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I used the dog as my side kick, it scouts out where all the enemies are so it’s easier to send them to base or get around easier

I might give that a go, just a bloodbath every time I play.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Thunderplex said:

Currently playing Metal Gear Phantom Pain.  Really heavy on stealth, unfortunatly I’m not, so just plundering through the game blasting the fuckers.

I was exactly the same early on, until I got a decent sniper rifle, and the right buddy. One of the first missions, I kept getting killed every time I tried to stealthily infiltrate the base, so just ploughed a jeep into it instead, then jumped on one of their gun emplacements and mowed everyone down. Like a ninja.

10 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

I might give that a go, just a bloodbath every time I play.

It can be a pain in the arse as you have to run everywhere instead of using the horse to get around but I preferred it in the end, Quiet isn’t a great buddy either. 

Tried out Sonic Mania on PS4 last night just to try and mix it up outside of FM2018. I imagine that, upon reflection, simply shouting “jump man you little blue bastard” repeatedly after several tins maybe isn’t as entertaining to stream viewers as hoped.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Powerful_Fox said:

Tried out Sonic Mania on PS4 last night just to try and mix it up outside of FM2018. I imagine that, upon reflection, simply shouting “jump man you little blue bastard” repeatedly after several tins maybe isn’t as entertaining to stream viewers as hoped.

Probably not if they were a purist because Jump Man is Mario. They would have thought you were a right numpty.