WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

A thing came up on my PS4 offering a 7 day trial of PS Now. Didn't really know what PS Now was, but figured I'd give it a go.

Cancelled the subscription pretty quickly, but will obviously try and get some mileage out of the seven days I've got. I mostly just dicked around playing Alex Kidd In Miracle World, which is clearly the best use of current gen tech. The lag because of it being an online streaming thing meant that I was utter shit at it, and missed all the well-timed jumps required to ace the first level, let alone kill the octopus in the underwater bit.Ā So not for me, then.

• Paid Members

I bloody loved GTA V, it was so much better than IV. Really enjoyed the storyline and the characters, Trevor in particular being the stand-out. I really like the way they mapped Los Santos, being able to explore underwater, hunting- god so much about it I loved...

...except GTA Online. What an overrated mass of shite. I'm gutted Rockstar put all their resources into maintaining and developing online (I absolutely cannot blame them however, given the revenue they earn from it) rather than giving us some expansion packs to the main game.

• Paid Members

GTA Online is alright with your mates or whatever but, yeah, it's a real shame the money making of GTA:O led Rockstar not to develop any DLC and it worries me a little for Red Dead and any new GTA.Ā 

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I never even fucking finished GTA IV, GTA V, Skyrim, Witcher 3...

I still haven't finished Witcher 3, even went back and played a bit of the next mission (one of the final ones, I'm led to believe) a month ago after a 2 year hiatus. And there are still a shedload of side missions I haven't done, not to mention the DLCs I paid for yet haven't played. I will though...someday. You talk about value for money, Witcher 3 certainly is that.

Skyrim though, I played through 2/3 times. I can't get enough of it. Played through it again last year and am nearly at the point where I'm struggling to find any more side missions. I think I've clocked up around 600 hours on that game in total.

• Paid Members

I never finished Skyrim or The Witcher 3, even though I really enjoy them. It's just a time thing. Used to be I could sit and play video games for weeks on end. I hate being an adult tbh.

Add Kingdom Come: Deliverance to that list, as well. I bet I don't finish it even though it's awesome.

I love GTA online. Ā I get drawn in by the double points modes, this week it's Stunt Races. Ā I normally don't bother with most of the modes but I'm having loads of fun, not winning races as per but I'm there to grind some dosh to spend on the free mode bit. Ā Got BazCorp up and running and got a warehouse to do dodgy deals now!

Bought this game called Late Shift on the Xbox Store last night. It's a FMV branching story that plays like a Telltale game where you're a bloke that works as a security guard that somehow ends up getting lumbered into a massive heist for a really expensive porcelain bowl. I was expecting it to be laughably bad like Night Trap, but I actually really, really enjoyed it. I spent at least five hours trying to get the good ending, but each time it ended very depressingly. Gonna have to play it again tonight in hopes of finally getting that happily ever after.Ā 

It's only a tenner, but worth the money.

• Paid Members
On 07/03/2018 at 12:39 PM, Chest Rockwell said:

I think it was all too big for me. I like a streamlined, more linear game to play through these days.

I never even fucking finished GTA IV, GTA V, Skyrim, Witcher 3...

I'm getting to that point myself to be fair. And I liked playing GTAV a lot.

With that said I have just started FFXV again with the new Royal update in play (It looks gorgeous in HDR by the way) but in New Game Plus mode so there's no grind other than for items late on. I've also started Dead Island again, this time on the XBoneX and have also been playing through the remaster of Gears Of War. It's quite clunky and even the mooks are hard to deal with.Ā 

Ā 

I reckon if a game doesn't manage to grab your attention in the firstĀ 2 hours, then bollocks to it.Ā I really tried to like MHW (becauseĀ monsters and exploring and upgrading stuff and that kind of thing are all boss), and stuck with itĀ for about 6 hours,Ā but it didn't interest me at all. In the end I decided it probably wasn't worth the effort, and binned it off while the trade in value was still decent.