WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

@PunkStep @Merzbow Thanks for your replies

My daughter isn't even three yet so still a bit young to be trusted with a DS! She loves watching Pikachu on the TV though

Yep I do have an old DS and a 3DS so I think I have all the equipment necessary to do transfers

I'll skip FireRed for now then and get cracking with Soul Silver. I don't think I have any of the original legendary birds although I know I have Mewtwo already, I think I caught him (her?!) in X, or was a gift from Nintendo or something. I don't have Mew.

Is it easy to transfer Pokémon from Black to X? Can you do it in bulk? If so I would be tempted to transfer all my Pokémon from Black to X to see how I am doing overall

• Paid Members

Are the pokemon games any good for a 5 year old? My daughter is wanting to get into playing video games and is a bit bored of the ones on her tablet. 

We're going to get her some of the Lego games for the PS4, but was wondering if it would be worth getting a DS or Switch with the Pokemon ones?

• Paid Members

If you've got a PS then I'd definitely recommend getting some Lego games rather than forking out on a new console for now. They're bloody brilliant games and the way they are now set up (free roaming, with storyline missions) makes it easy to play for a few minutes or a while. Plus, unlocking characters and vehicles is loads of fun.

Just ask @johnnyboy

Edited by PunkStep

Probably not a good idea to get a Switch just yet if you'll be wanting to play Pokemon. It's safe to assume there'll be a Pokemon Switch game at some point, but nothing's even been officially announced yet so it'll be a fair while until it's on the shelves. Maybe in time for Christmas at a push, but even then you'd think they would've announced it by now to get the hype rolling. It's more likely to be a 2019 release, I reckon.

Speaking of GTA, I'm having trouble with one of the heist setups.  It's the one where you deliver the EMP to Humane Labs.  I've seen how to do it but I can only do it with randoms as I have no friends.  One of them always fucks off on their own and alerts the guards, then on about the 5th attempt they fuck off.  It's well annoying.

Any of you pricks want to help a brother out?

Yeah that's the one.  This particular set up mission involves driving an insurgent into the labs after offing the guards and scientists.  It requires teamwork but as I say, some bellend always Leeroy Jenkins the fucking thing.

19 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Probably not a good idea to get a Switch just yet if you'll be wanting to play Pokemon. It's safe to assume there'll be a Pokemon Switch game at some point, but nothing's even been officially announced yet so it'll be a fair while until it's on the shelves. Maybe in time for Christmas at a push, but even then you'd think they would've announced it by now to get the hype rolling. It's more likely to be a 2019 release, I reckon.

They have announced a proper full entry pokemon game for Switch, so it's definitely coming but yes likely not until 2019; Smash Bros is coming this year and that'll likely be the big autumn release; Metroid Prime 4 is coming next year more than likely so I would expect that in Spring and Pokemon in Autumn.

Agreed on most of that, but I've not seen anything about Pokemon Switch beyond a brief mention of "they're working on it" a few months back, which I'm not sure really counts as an official announcement. I guess it comes down to individual interpretation, but I reckon many folk would want to see a name and a logo (at the very least) before they'd consider something to have been "officially announced".

5 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Speaking of GTA, I'm having trouble with one of the heist setups.  It's the one where you deliver the EMP to Humane Labs.  I've seen how to do it but I can only do it with randoms as I have no friends.  One of them always fucks off on their own and alerts the guards, then on about the 5th attempt they fuck off.  It's well annoying.

Any of you pricks want to help a brother out?

I might be working this weekend, but if not then I'm sure my lad will let me jump on his XB1 and let me use his account. 

Let me know when you're planning on playing and I'll try and sort something out. 

• Paid Members

They'll start drip-feeding information about Pokemon Switch during the summer before it comes out, probably. Seems to be what they do. Just suddenly "oh yeah, there's a new Pokemon out this Christmas."