WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I think it would be cool if they filmed a little follow up piece as an extra for an anniversary edition of king of kong or something, but I don't think a sequel is needed. The story they tell in that doc and the characters are all so amazing.. They couldn't possibly recapture that.

Yeah that’s more of what I meant really, to be more like an observational documentary rather than an actual sequel, few talking heads etc. As you say, the sheer drama of that 1st one can’t be recaptured, mainly because barely anyone knew about the story until watching it for the first time, I certainly didn’t. 

Billy, it’s been said time and time again, he oozes so much natural heel charism, complete twat. Just his fucking face and general antics, now this. He’d be cheered out if the building in full sail.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’m looking at picking up an Arcade Stick in time for the release of The Street Fighter 30th anniversary comp coming to PS4, I was quite handy with Third Strike in the arcades and want to get into the fighting game community again. 

Any suggestions? 

I hear a lot of good things about the Hori Fight Commander. I know it's not a pad, but it could be an option. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fighting-Commander-PlayStation-Officially-Licensed/dp/B01GVOFIAA/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1517778448&sr=1-1-fkmr2&keywords=hori+fight+commander+4

In the meantime Third Strike is available on PS3 or Fightcade on PC which also has online multiplayer.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

I posted about the Sea of Thieves closed beta last week. In case anyone was thinking of getting this game on release in March, I wouldn't. It's very shallow. It's fun, don't get me wrong, but is in no way worth £60. And if there isn't much content to be added other than what was in the beta (and I have no reason to believe that there is), it'll be on sale in no time.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

17 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

I reckon I’ll be picking this one up, just need to customise it now, been looking for a site that does sticker sets all day.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

The best thing about it is just how low-rent it all is. It's so indie.

Obviously for starters they're fighting over something the vast majority of people give less than half a shit about, but beyond that it's how he carries himself like he's such a big fucking deal, playing the mega-bucks corporate heel, when he just owns a sauce company. Then the hangers-on, the look, everything, it's just perfect. The video tape being delivered to the arcade is the biggest heel move going.

Picked up Dragonball Fighterz today and will be getting rid tomorrow, 

I tried getting a game online for about 45mins with no luck, constant disconnects from the lobby’s too.

Its a fighting game which lets you do the special moves at the touch of a button, no skill needed. 

The game really is garbage 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Sports Direct have bought 50% of Games esports platform and will be setting up ‘esports’ in store... 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43029559

On one hand it’s ‘nice one, mainstream coverage and accessibility’ and on the other hand it’s Sports Direct and there will probably be sausage roll crumbs and spaff over the key boards.

[insert joke about how there would be anyway, they’re gamers]

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
On 07/02/2018 at 8:00 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

Picked up Dragonball Fighterz today and will be getting rid tomorrow, 

I tried getting a game online for about 45mins with no luck, constant disconnects from the lobby’s too.

Its a fighting game which lets you do the special moves at the touch of a button, no skill needed. 

The game really is garbage 

It's decent fun offline VS because there is a lot of technique with counters and cancels and all that jazz, but yeah the reasons you stated are the same reason I didn't buy it. I tried the Beta and I never managed to even get in a game, just constant disconnects. I don't watch Dragonball either so a roster of almost identical characters I don't know never appealed to me.

All my gaming time these is days is spread between Chrono Trigger, Friday The 13th and World of Warcraft.

Trigger on the SNES which is a fantastic RPG that lives up to it's reputation, Friday 13th which is good fun but really badly made by a team of nobodies. In better hands I think it would have Left 4 Dead replayability and community, but it's currently just full of children and rage-quitters.

This is my first foray in World of Warcraft which me and my partner have been playing relentlessly as she's all clued up on it and has a bunch of characters. It's nice to play a game with her that she knows more than me and is better at than me at as she's really enthusiatic about teaching me all this stuff I don't know.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

This is my first foray in World of Warcraft which me and my partner have been playing relentlessly as she's all clued up on it and has a bunch of characters. It's nice to play a game with her that she knows more than me and is better at than me at as she's really enthusiatic about teaching me all this stuff I don't know.

Sweet.

Not a game I’ve ever fallen in to. I also blame it on one of my old bands splitting up, the trumpet player was addicted to WOW.. days on end.

However, if your partners down with it, arguably more so, then you’re laughing really.

Ive been trying to get my wife in to footy manager.. I’ve got more chance of me not being in to footy manager.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

Even as a huge DBZ fan I just can't get into FighterZ, I bought it just to breeze through the story and then trade for Monster Hunter but even that feels like a chore as it's written like a bad fan-fiction and you're fighting really dull/easy matches against "clones" over and over.