WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

I’ve got a £15 PSN voucher to spend, Ive been through the PSN January sale several times and I’m still undecided, do I wait until Dragonball FighterZ comes out at the end of the month?

Any suggestions on a decent game to download now? 

18 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I’ve got a £15 PSN voucher to spend, Ive been through the PSN January sale several times and I’m still undecided, do I wait until Dragonball FighterZ comes out at the end of the month?

Any suggestions on a decent game to download now? 

Firewatch is only a fiver, I loved every minute of it. Resi 7 is pretty amazing, I was shocked at just how much I enjoyed it and sits firmly next to REmake as my fave of the series.

• Moderators

After having been sucked back into ESO with the free + trial, I've been giving pvp a go for the first time ever. It's loads more fun than I thought it would be! Going and besieging castles as a bit group with everyone playing their part is really a blast.

I think it helps that I've created a new character and I'm playing in the under lvl 50 campaign. It might be a lot tougher at a higher level and less fun.

• Moderators

It's over already bud, sorry! Finished on Monday.

Also, what I only found out afterwards is that although the craft bag is now locked for putting stuff into, everything I dumped in there during the trial stays in there and I can take it out or use it as I please. I would have harvested and hoarded a lot more junk.if I'd know that was the case.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Moderators

It is free, but you can pay a monthly sub if you want, which gives you free credits to spend on cosmetics, access to dlc and some other perks.

You can easily play without that stuff, I've never had a sub and I do the veteran end game content.

I bought some of the dlc for cash, but that was because I wanted to play the story missions that came with them (dark brotherhood and thieves build specifically). I may buy the dlc dungeons at some point also as they were fun to play in the free trial!

Edited by Chest Rockwell

On 17/01/2018 at 1:30 PM, NoUseforaUsername said:

Playing Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection on the PS3.

Flicky is one of the most addictive games I've ever played.

Flicky is brilliant. You might also like Mappy, if you can find a way to play it (such as the Wii Virtual Console).

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Nintendo Labo!

What do we think?

15 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Just watched the Nintendo Labo video (for Switch). I went from confused to beaming in under 3 mins. What a wonderfully creative idea! Pricey for what is essentially cardboard, but fuck, I was impressed.

It looks like a great educational tool/toy for kids. I'll be getting it for my oldest. It's not really just essentially cardboard though really, it's the software and tools that merit the costs, the cardboard is just a crucial element of bringing the ideas to life.  If it proves a hit the potential for this is huge.

• Paid Members

Yeah to be honest, the suggested pricing of $70 equates to £51, which is not different to a new games these days anyway. If I had a Switch, I'd definitely look at getting this for my kids. They'd have a blast making up the models and colouring them in/providing their own design touch. Again, it's Nintendo's way (much like the Wii) of trying to encourage kids not to just sit there in the same transfixed position button-bashing, so fair play to them.

My main concern is that they'll only go so far with this and not realise the full potential, like with the AR stuff for the 3DS (which I thought was brilliant).

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

I'd be interested to know how much they want to charge for the cardboard bits on their own. Being cardboard, it's not going to last all that long, especially around kids.

Nothing. According to something I read earlier, they replace knackered cardboard free of charge. You can't argue with that.

Found an article on the Guardian that also mentions it: https://www.theguardian.com/games/2018/jan/17/nintendo-labo-cardboard-switch-models-interactive-toys

The finished Toy-Cons are surprisingly sturdy, but won’t stand up to extended enthusiastic play with younger kids. They do, however, dispense with the need to ever spend money on plastic accessories. Nintendo plans to offer replacement cardboard kits and templates for players who break theirs, but the easier solution is just to mend it. You can stick the cardboard Toy-Cons back together with glue or tape, reinforce them, or decorate them with pens, washi tape or googly eyes, without affecting their functionality. It’s easy to imagine creative players and the online maker community taking this customisation in unexpected directions.

Edited by PunkStep