WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Apparently 2K had very little to do with the Switch port, it was farmed out to another company to do a rush job of porting it. The sort of story you'd get back in the good old days of home computer conversions of arcade games, but you don't really expect with a £50 game in 2018! It's 10GB bigger than Breath Of The Wild, and sounds like it's absolutely appalling.

• Paid Members

I've seen a few videos of it on Youtube. Sound dropout, massive slowdown if more than two wrestlers are involved in a match, and the matches don't look particularly high tempo in the first place. The entrances seem to be running at about 3/5 speed. Poor. Mind you I got 2K16 on the XBone as part of Games With Gold and it was terrible. Slow and plodding. They were obviously trying to sell you the XP accelerator. I've not really enjoyed a WWE game since Smackdown Vs Raw 2006, and I still trot that out now and again. It lives in my PSP for that little poker game.

3 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Apparently 2K had very little to do with the Switch port, it was farmed out to another company to do a rush job of porting it. The sort of story you'd get back in the good old days of home computer conversions of arcade games, but you don't really expect with a £50 game in 2018! It's 10GB bigger than Breath Of The Wild, and sounds like it's absolutely appalling.

I would have thought more as the games are on 8gb carts usually unless Nintendo put BOW on a 16gb one. Many made the example of how what some viewed as best game ever, and the area to roam is so large is much smaller than WWE2K18. However it shows that you can do a really good game on under 16gb, Odyssey is another example and FIFA 18 is a good port that can fit on the cartridge.

You can get the game for £28 on amazon, but I would recommend not getting it. I won't risk next year even with a year to port.

Edited by westlondonmist

Fantastic news! I still go back to Dark Souls 1 every now and again, it's just such a wonderful game. I'm well up for a remaster, although I really wish Demon's Souls was on the cards as well. Never got round to finishing that one before my PS3 died, and I was rather hoping the news about the servers being turned off in a few weeks time might have meant a current-gen remaster was on its way.

I can still see that happening but it'll be a Sony exclusive when it does. I'm curious about the engine they're going to use for Dark Souls, part of me thinks they're going to use a modified version of 3's which will change how the game feels. Some will says that's for the better but the purists will cry more than The Last Jedi muppets.

Jailbreaking a PS4 wouldn't do much anyway, I don't think it's up to the level of playing PS3 games like that.

PRIDE FC on the PS2 was always my fav MMA game, it's dead simple to pick up and play and has a pretty sweet combo system. Wanderlei was an absolute beast in it.

• Paid Members
On 13/01/2018 at 3:43 PM, The King Of Swing said:

So the new Blazblue will launch with a roster of 20 but will have a further 20 DLC characters. Naturally this news has gone down about as well as expected.

First Blazblue game I won't be buying. And it kills me to say that, being a massive BB fanboy.

Seems to be the way fighting games tend to work now. It's not a nice way, but it seems to have been the case since Capcom charged an extra £15 to let people use the rest of the characters in Street Fighter X Tekken. Can't help but think  that's how it's going to go with Tekken 7 as well. Harada has said Bandai Namco won't charge players for any future "legacy" characters, but as we've already seen with how similarly Josie Rizal plays to Bruce Irvine there's no stopping them sticking a new character out with a similar moveset to a legacy character.  Whether they'd be sufficiently unscrupulous as to actually do something like that remains to be seen, though.

Going back to the WWE 2k18 chat, I was unfortunately lured in by the heavily discounted digital version in the Psn store January Sale. I have to echo what others have said, it really is the drizzling shits. A wrestling game should be pick up and play, this is so slow and spends so much time pausing to teach you yet another aspect of its control system. Don't see them ever reverting back to the old arcade days unfortunately.