WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I got a Raspberry Pi for Christmas and after updating it my PSX emulator now recognised R2 as Start. I've remapped controls both in the emulator and main system menu but it hasn't fixed it. Any ideas?

• Paid Members

Got Tekken 7, Fractured But Whole and several others for Christmas. I'm going to need a day to install Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite s the download is bloody huge. I'm trotting through the Tekken 7 story mode on "casual" difficulty at the moment, and if this is the kind of level they expect "casual" players to play at I'm absolutely terrible. If I nudge the difficulty down it's one button specials and easy combos etc, but the AI is savage on the casual one. Maybe I should hit the practice mode with some of the characters you end up playing in story mode to get the hang of them. The bowling mode is a lot of fun.

• Paid Members

Just finished 'playing' Telltale's Tales From The Borderlands and absolutely loved it. Disappointed that there doesn't seem to be another season on the way. It seems to be widely acknowledged as one of, if not the, best of the Telltale games, but the sales didn't reflect that and so Telltale are focusing on their big brand franchises now.

I got Sonic Forces on Switch for Christmas. I never know what to expect from modern Sonic games but I am actually rather enjoying it. I am not the best at games, so am finding it fun. There is 2 difficulty levels so once I finish the easy version I'll play again on difficult or at least see how far I can get on difficult.
 I was given WWE2K18, I had problems downloading it but the demo version they gave you was wank. You could basically do a 1 on 1 match with the choice of AJ, Brock, Cena, Balor, Rollins, Reigns, Owens and Ambrose. I found it very clumsy and no fun at all. I told my girlfriend it was broken and she took it back and replaced it with Stern Pinball Arcade. That only came yesterday but am having a great time on it (I played the downloadable demo first). The tables are amazing on it and I hope they introduce more in the future.

1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

The game has a 24gb download on top the cartridge  so should have been more or cut parts out and focus on the playability. 

Yeah, gameplay is the last thing 2K or Yukes have bothered trying to sort out in years, it's now all about the sheer ammount of content they can fit in the thing but the other versions are at least still playable. The Switch port is worse than usual, it's a botched/rushed port of the PC version that runs at a not so solid 15fps or so and they apparently did something similar with their NBA game too.

What makes this even more depressing is that they're not the only lazy arseholes, Bethesda did the same with Skyrim recently and there are a few more so there is an ongoing trend with developers not giving the console much care. Doom is great tho, iD did well there.

It's probably the publishers insisting they push it out on a shoestring budget, rather than the developers being lazy. At least in some cases.

• Paid Members

I think it may have been that they were nowhere near done with the switch port, but had been told they have to get it released to meet the deadline, so it'll have been forced out in a horrifically unfinished state so 2K Games can have their money on time.