WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator
30 minutes ago, BigJag said:

Has anyone read the book it's based on?

Read it a couple of years back. Good fun, a little bit 'remember this?' but enjoyable if you've played MMOs and the like. 

• Paid Members

Spielberg's attached to it and they've tried to give it a bit of a classic Willy Wonka vibe. As well as shoehorned in some more recognisable references. The book possibly has some slightly less mainstream elements.

The only thing I didn't like about the book was the dialogue, which appeared to have been written by someone who'd never heard two real-life teenagers speak to each other. Of all the things that will be changed in the movie script, that one's hopefully top of the list.

• Paid Members

Picked Up Three Fourths Homes and Oh....Sir! The Insult Simulator for about £4 as part of this week's Deals With Gold.

Three Fourths Home is an interesting visual novel thing. There are multiple dialogue trees so you can get through it with different dialogue. It's an interesting story and explanation of a family. The characters are fleshed out and you can find out more about them on subsequent playthroughs. You can probably 100% it in a couple of hours in terms of achievements & gamerscore, but it's a nice distraction for a couple of quid.

Oh...Sir! aesthetically resembles a fighting game. Pick your character and have a slanging match with the other characters. You get an on screen list and takes turns with your opponent to construct rather silly insults. Each one does damage depending upon how effective it is. There's a combo system and the characters each have a "weakness" as well, which is a particular topic thing about them you can insult for extra damage. It's a fun little distraction. I'd imagine it could be more enjoyable with two players as opposed to against the computer/console, but for a quid-odd it's worth a look.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

quick heads up, dont know if it works, but worth a go, seems a good price with the code. 

Nintendo SNES Classic mini £69.99 delivered @ Amazon (£59.99 with code BIGTHANKS) http://tinyurl.com/yc394hes 

That's much better value than the one I saw in a shop for £150 the other day.

• Paid Members

Anyone participating in the Sea of Thieves closed beta on either PC or Xbox? I'm just installing it now. Apparently, it's way better to play this game with friends. So, if anybody wants to add me on PC/Xbox and is in the beta, please do. Kingoftheting.

• Paid Members

I can't really remember playing Madden since the Amiga days. When the receiver windows would pop up at the top of the screen and you had to push the joystick in the direction of your intended receiver then press the fire button to select that receiver. I'm sure I've played more recent versions since. Just don't remember much about the playing experience. From watching a bit of the Esports stuff it looks like receiver selection is assigned to particular joypad buttons. Plus of course the graphics are superb, viewing angle is closer to the field too. The Esport players didn't seem to be having much fun. They were all very serious and subdued. I may try and pick up one of the PS3 editions of the game. Any recommendations?

Madden 16 was the last really good one gameplay wise for last gen consoles, they've tinkered too much with 17 and 18. 18 especially is horrendous on Franchise mode, more so if playing as a sole player. Playing as a receiver is nigh on impossible. 

As Chest says, it's fell into that bad yearly pattern, similar to FIFA.