WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

19 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Are any of you folks well informed about PS3/2 backwards compatibility? My 60GB PS3 died a year or so ago and I never bothered to replace it, but with the news that the Demon's Souls servers are going to be shut down I quite fancy getting a cheapo console just to finish that game. I'd want another 60GB one for the PS2 backwards compatibility, but looking at CEX they've got some 60s for 50 quid that say "no backwards compatibility". But weren't all of the 60GBs backwards compatible?

A new exploit was released last week allowing custom firmware to be installed from 4.82 official firmware (the latest update) with the custom firmware you can play ps2 isos on any ps3 regardless of backward compatibility. I've managed to jailbreak mine on the weekend. Only works on fats and some slims. 

8 minutes ago, scotty_1120 said:

A new exploit was released last week allowing custom firmware to be installed from 4.82 official firmware (the latest update) with the custom firmware you can play ps2 isos on any ps3 regardless of backward compatibility. I've managed to jailbreak mine on the weekend. Only works on fats and some slims. 

Is it still only certain models where jailbreaking works? I have a 120gb slim.

4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Is it still only certain models where jailbreaking works? I have a 120gb slim.

Yeah I think as long as your slim started life with 3.55 firmware from the factory it will work if it didnt it can't be done unfortunately. If you look on YouTube for ps3xploit there's videos explaining it and I think there's a file you can put on a USB stick and put in your ps3 to let you know if it ever had 3.55 firmware

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

I've just finished Witcher 3. It's one of the best games ever - reminds me a lot of Red Dead. It's really long though - like a Lord of the Rings film. I remember doing what I assumed was the final battle and there being about 3 hours gameplay after.

Was it the bit where you defend the Castle with some of the characters you met along the way?  Just finished that bit thinking it was the end.

• Awards Moderator

Friday the 13th was half price everywhere last week, so I caved. What a fucking hoot that game is. If you're a counsellor it's a frantic dash to get a plan together, if you're Jason you go full on stalkeroo. Even better when you get a game with a mate or two.

One game, where a friend of mine was Jason, ended with me driving the car through the exit along with everyone else running alongside me like Clint Eastwood in In the Line of Fire. Jason hobbled behind shaking his pitchfork in a "get off my land" style.

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Guy Bifkin said:

Yes, that's the one! 

Good to know there’s only about 3 hours left then.  I’ve loved it, but I have a pile of unplayed stuff sitting there. 

NBA 2K17's career mode is ace.  Wallace from The Wire plays your mate and there seems to be a storyline alongside the play a game and repeat bit.  Only about 15 games in but I'm really enjoying it.  The Witcher 3 has to wait.

Oh EA, you fucking pricks.

UFC 3 is completely pay to win by all accounts, there are microtransactions to unlock characters, moves, abilities and power-ups so if you pump some cash into the game you're overpowered for the online mode. Imagine Street Fighter with this BS, pay a fiver and Blanka has double health for 6 matches.

20 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Didn't an absolute shit ton of value get wiped off their share price after the Battlefront debacle? 

I for one would enjoy EAs downfall. Fuck them and their crappy practices. 

Personally since EA took the UFC brand it’s been awful. Despite being able to Virtually punch Conor and Ronda in the face there hasn’t been anything good to say.

They took everything they built with EAMMA, and Fight Night did, smear it with shit.

now with Microtransactions being a key factor this might be the break up between EA and the UFC saying that both are based on pure greed.