WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

GAME have literally piles of them in stores, they're not at all rare right now. The scalpers selling them for double and triple have all been burnt as Ninty kept restocking stores, I've seen a fair few resellers trying to ditch them for face value.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Cheers fellas, however...

Game are selling it for £133+ on their website, that's a shitload more than the original pricing (£70-£80). They can fuck right off with that. Is it normal price in store?

Amazon aren't much better at £120- and that seems to be the cheapest I can find. £40 more than what it should be. This is what I mean about silly prices...

It's normal price in store, that £133 priced console isn't them selling it. Smyths, Tesco, Amazon and ShopTo have all had them at face value these past two weeks too, stores are getting new stock all the time.

I just checked on GAME.co.uk and it shows that all local stores to me have some in stock and there's a few in Brum too.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

I think Nintendo said they're putting more NES Classic units back out next year as well. For similar money to an NES/SNES classic you'd probably be able to sort out a RetroPi arrangement of some form or other.

• Paid Members

Cheers @Merzbow, they have it in my local store according to their website so I'll drop a polite hint to my wife. But yeah, out of stock in Tesco online at moment, Amazon (unless you pay silly money) and everywhere else if you want to pay the normal price, so it's definitely not easy!

Are any of you folks well informed about PS3/2 backwards compatibility? My 60GB PS3 died a year or so ago and I never bothered to replace it, but with the news that the Demon's Souls servers are going to be shut down I quite fancy getting a cheapo console just to finish that game. I'd want another 60GB one for the PS2 backwards compatibility, but looking at CEX they've got some 60s for 50 quid that say "no backwards compatibility". But weren't all of the 60GBs backwards compatible?

• Paid Members

The Witcher is quality, Keith. Think Skyrim, but with the charm of a GTA game (and plenty of fleshed-out characters) with gameplay not too dissimilar to the Batman Arkham games.

Plus quite a bit of shagging.

And GWENT.

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Are any of you folks well informed about PS3/2 backwards compatibility? My 60GB PS3 died a year or so ago and I never bothered to replace it, but with the news that the Demon's Souls servers are going to be shut down I quite fancy getting a cheapo console just to finish that game. I'd want another 60GB one for the PS2 backwards compatibility, but looking at CEX they've got some 60s for 50 quid that say "no backwards compatibility". But weren't all of the 60GBs backwards compatible?

The original 20GB & 60GB PS3s were backwards compatible because some of the parts were from the PS2. The ones with 4 USB ports are backwards compatible.

14 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Picked up a few from CEX for the XB1, namely NBA 2K17, Dragon Age Inquisitions and Rugby World Cup for 20 quid.  Plus The Witcher 3 GOTY for 15 from the Xbox store.  That'll keep me busy.

I've just finished Witcher 3. It's one of the best games ever - reminds me a lot of Red Dead. It's really long though - like a Lord of the Rings film. I remember doing what I assumed was the final battle and there being about 3 hours gameplay after.