WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, The Duke said:

Has any one played Kingdom Come:Deliverance looking for a game like the witcher 3 which I've just completed and came across it. Would be for pc and looking for a recommendation 

I heartily recommend though I haven't actually finished it or played any games in a while and I think it's still quite buggy.

• Paid Members

Hey lads, I've got a few quid left on my PS4 account (£15, to be exact) and I'm after some recommendations, preferably of the indie variety. I love rogue-likes such as Rogue Legacy and Binding Of Issac, but I also dig 2D platformers (I really enjoyed Axiom Verge) and open-world games. I was going to get Dead Cell but it's not available yet (bastards!). Any ideas or reccs?

• Paid Members

I'd go for the Infinite Warfare legacy edition that comes with the Modern Warfare remaster. The best COD campaigns of this generation and last. This gen's been hit and miss, Advanced Warfare was good, WW2 was decent and Black Ops 3 and Ghosts were trash. That's assuming you're talking about getting into it as a single player, I haven't been able to get into the multiplayer since Black Ops 2.

I'm about 5 hours in to God Of War and holy fuck, if this isn't game of the year Red Dead 2 must have something special up its sleeve!

12 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

I was wondering where a good launching point for the COD games would be for a complete beginner. I'm on PS4.

I don't know if you can buy the remaster of COD 4 on its own but if you can then that's a good place to start, that game's the basis of all the modern titles and what blew the series up to be as big as it is. It's aged well too.

10 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Those all look great! Cheers!

Streets Of Red is quite fantastic as well, kind of like a modern take on the old arcade side-scrolling brawlers. It's pretty cheap too. I would've mentioned it earlier but only just realised it's available on the PS4. Thought it was only on the PC and Switch!

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

if this isn't game of the year Red Dead 2 must have something special up its sleeve!

Speaking of which... 

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60423/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Official-Trailer-3-Coming-Wednesday-May-2nd?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=rdr2-trailer3announce-04302018&utm_content=newswire

• Paid Members

Ok that's a game changer for me. I have FIFA 17 and it's fucking stupid that they only have around half of the World Cup teams in it. Sure, you can't tell who's going to be there, but there are quite a few notable exclusions. International football in FIFA has been so pointless in recent years, so I'm well up for this.

• Paid Members

I thought FIFA 18 was atrocious, to be honest. Granted, I was playing on PC and am used to playing football games on console but it just seemed...I don't know, like they'd stopped putting any effort in at all beyond FUT.

I've played both Fifa 18 (PC) & PES 18 (PS4) quite solidly this year. Fifa wins it hands down. Whilst very little has changed in its presentation, gameplay wise its a big step up from 17. CPU players are a lot smarter, almost like playing with another human player. The only downside with it is the difficulty levels were not very challenging. I was playing on legendary within a short period of time and even then it wasn't troublesome. I'm wondering if that was down to the improved AI. 

PES on the other hand is a frustrating mess. Absolutely thick as pig shit players. Whoever sanctioned this needs sacking. 

17 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

I'd go for the Infinite Warfare legacy edition that comes with the Modern Warfare remaster. The best COD campaigns of this generation and last. This gen's been hit and miss, Advanced Warfare was good, WW2 was decent and Black Ops 3 and Ghosts were trash. That's assuming you're talking about getting into it as a single player, I haven't been able to get into the multiplayer since Black Ops 2.

I'm about 5 hours in to God Of War and holy fuck, if this isn't game of the year Red Dead 2 must have something special up its sleeve!

I picked this up for a fiver from Game last night cheers for that Cleetus and @merzbow. 

Who runs the best YouTube channels for Fortnite tutorials and tips and any good podcast type shows knocking around as well?

I find myself struggling to get in to the in game play of any particular game since I got my ps4 before Christmas but my dedication to not being the shittest person on fifa has now transitioned on to Fortnite. I've had a few top 3 finishes in solo but it's always the building and shooting side that lets me down so as you can imagine I'm pretty shit. I just want to win a few games so my niece, nephew and eldest daughter look up to me like the hero they should see me as.

• Paid Members
On 30/04/2018 at 7:50 PM, scratchdj said:

I know FIFA isn’t looked upon too well here, but they’re adding a new World Cup mode for free next month.

Right. So I decided to get FIFA 18 from Xbox store tonight. I remember it was down to £25 during a recent sale, so I'm expecting £30, £35 tops.

Sixty fucking quid. Sixty! EA can get fucked. Oh well, it's going to have to be a physical copy I suppose.