WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

10 hours ago, DJM said:

Also, is there any major benefit to buying a PS4 Pro over a regular PS4?

If you're looking to get PSVR then you're better off getting a PS4 Pro, as it has a bit of extra processing power which means the VR games run a bit smoother..

Random question but this is as good a place as any.

Wee boy is starting to take notice of me playing my PS4 and has asked about potential games. Long story short i was thinking of superhero type games given his age and went looking at Spiderman in particular. The Amazing Spiderman 2 goes for absolutely ridiculous money.

Even second hand it's still pushing £40 on Ebay in some instances, completely at a loss at to why; any explanation ?

6 minutes ago, Stylin_and_Profilin said:

Random question but this is as good a place as any.

Wee boy is starting to take notice of me playing my PS4 and has asked about potential games. Long story short i was thinking of superhero type games given his age and went looking at Spiderman in particular. The Amazing Spiderman 2 goes for absolutely ridiculous money.

Even second hand it's still pushing £40 on Ebay in some instances, completely at a loss at to why; any explanation ?

It likely had a limited release, it reviewed really poorly and I doubt many copies were printed.

EDIT: Activision lost the Spiderman license which may have some bearing on the price, you can't even buy it digitally any longer.

Edited by Merzbow

Amazing Spider-Man 2 is dreadful. Absolutely dire. Lego is your best bet, Lego batman 3, Lego marvel 1 and 2 are all great. There's a Lego DC villains game on the way soon as well which looks like a hoot.

• Moderators
16 hours ago, Nexus said:

There's a new Spiderman coming out soon - could get a Lego Superhero game to tide you over before then?

The trailer for that new Spider-Man game is really disappointing. The graphics look great, and I think the combat will be a lot of fun. But the web swinging physics don't look like they've moved on at all in the last ten years, and the big action set pieces feature those shitty quick time events. Those are inexcusable, lazy and completely ruin a game for me.

• Paid Members

So I finally ran out of space and had to dump my fat PS3, with around 15 games for £54 total down a nearby retro game shop. The games went for more than the console did, the fact that I had a few still shrink-wrapped probably bumped the price a little.

Living in a flat sucks. No attic.

11 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

The trailer for that new Spider-Man game is really disappointing. The graphics look great, and I think the combat will be a lot of fun. But the web swinging physics don't look like they've moved on at all in the last ten years, and the big action set pieces feature those shitty quick time events. Those are inexcusable, lazy and completely ruin a game for me.

Can't defend quick time, but the web swinging system going back 13 years or so is what interests me about this game. If it handles like Spiderman 2, job done. Can't remember enjoying the process of just moving through a game quite as much as that.

The Persistence for the PSVR is great. Minimal to no motion sickness as tunnel vision is used when walking - No porting , although an option. Scary as hell and a decent use of surround sound. Only downside is that you can't save the game until you teleport onto the next deck.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, marc2j said:

I'm well late to the party but got myself a Switch and have been engrossed in Zelda. Its so lovely.

I'm getting one for the kids this Christmas. Which game(s) do I get first? I think Super Mario Odyssey is a must, Labo might be another. I don't want to get too many games straight away.