WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, TheTonetta said:

Been playing Friday the 13th the video game, a lot. 

My god it's shite. But it's also fun, So it's like an abusive relationship....

I was hooked on that months ago, but update after update slowly broke the game and the developers constantly lied to people about updates, fixes and lawsuits that prevented all future DLC being released despite it already being in the game but not playable. Tried it again a couple of weeks ago and it's became insufferably broken.

Dead by Daylight is free on Playstation Plus this month if you have it. Similar idea but achieved much different. Much more focus on teamwork and stealth in a smaller claustrophobic environment, plus much more balance and variety of survivors and killers.
Only issue being at the moment is they never accounted for all the extra players joining when it went free, so the servers are constantly knackered the last few days.

9 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I was hooked on that months ago, but update after update slowly broke the game and the developers constantly lied to people about updates, fixes and lawsuits that prevented all future DLC being released despite it already being in the game but not playable. Tried it again a couple of weeks ago and it's became insufferably broken.

Dead by Daylight is free on Playstation Plus this month if you have it. Similar idea but achieved much different. Much more focus on teamwork and stealth in a smaller claustrophobic environment, plus much more balance and variety of survivors and killers.
Only issue being at the moment is they never accounted for all the extra players joining when it went free, so the servers are constantly knackered the last few days.

Yeah I play that too, it's a lot of fun. The Shape is great to play as, Just wish we had a Halloween game.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, TheTonetta said:

Yeah I play that too, it's a lot of fun. The Shape is great to play as, Just wish we had a Halloween game.

There is Halloween DLC for Dead By Daylight. 

12 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

Is Left 4 Dead 2 backwards compatible on Xbone? 

Stumbled across someone playing Versus mode on YouTube last night and it brought back a load of memories. 

It is indeed.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I haven't played it yet but I saw this in the store? 

IMG_20180814_122735.thumb.jpg.4d1d4b0e4b6f6af2ef6513f710700793.jpg

Yeah you get Myers called "The Shape" and Laurie Strode. 

All the killers have names. Freddie is The Nightmare, Leatherface is The Cannibal, etc.

• Paid Members

I don't think the Far Cry 5 developers thought through the Resistance System properly. You're meant to built up points by doing missions and causing havoc, then tackle the Big Bad when you've got enough points to do so. How wrong of me to assume it would be at my leisure when I was whisked away and forced to face that region's boss in the middle of doing another mission (a mission which I had shitty guns and no medi kits). So I was forced to go through the boss level with none of my custom weaponry or any health supplies. Took me fucking ages and lot of frustration, and also nullified one of the missions. Really bad game design.

Other than that, it's cracking good fun. There's not much more satisfying than arming yourself with a nice sniper rifle and quietly taking over an outpost.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

I don't think the Far Cry 5 developers thought through the Resistance System properly. You're meant to built up points by doing missions and causing havoc, then tackle the Big Bad when you've got enough points to do so. How wrong of me to assume it would be at my leisure when I was whisked away and forced to face that region's boss in the middle of doing another mission (a mission which I had shitty guns and no medi kits). So I was forced to go through the boss level with none of my custom weaponry or any health supplies. Took me fucking ages and lot of frustration, and also nullified one of the missions. Really bad game design.

Other than that, it's cracking good fun. There's not much more satisfying than arming yourself with a nice sniper rifle and quietly taking over an outpost.

That pissed me off a little, as well. It's also done quite poorly in that once you are "summoned" there's literally nothing you can do to stop it. If you could get increased perk progress from defeating the chasing pack (with timed respawns) then it would be an impetus for the player to keep things a little more urgent. And it's also badly done in that depending on which region you're in the mandatory encounter can happen either before or after you 'level up' in it.

On the flipside the difficulty in dealing with the followers remains fixed to the "level" progress - it's jarring to go from a completed region to the next with no increased urgency on their part - "He's killed a lieutenant! Lets not bother increasing security until he pulls shit on our turf!". There's also no interplay between the lieutenants either, another step-down from previous FC entries. 

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, seph said:

That pissed me off a little, as well. It's also done quite poorly in that once you are "summoned" there's literally nothing you can do to stop it. If you could get increased perk progress from defeating the chasing pack (with timed respawns) then it would be an impetus for the player to keep things a little more urgent. And it's also badly done in that depending on which region you're in the mandatory encounter can happen either before or after you 'level up' in it.

On the flipside the difficulty in dealing with the followers remains fixed to the "level" progress - it's jarring to go from a completed region to the next with no increased urgency on their part - "He's killed a lieutenant! Lets not bother increasing security until he pulls shit on our turf!". There's also no interplay between the lieutenants either, another step-down from previous FC entries. 

Yeah I've noticed that a lot too. I'll be finishing up this second region and heading into the final third soon so all the goons should be flying planes and running rolling road blocks as soon as I enter the area but I'll just be basically starting from scratch. It's not enough to ruin the game but it's very noticeable. I actually feel like a bit of a fool saying all this as I've just finished the mission that includes a very meta rant at the fan base...

In fact, the only thing that's going to slightly ruin the game overall is that lost mission (meaning that one region will be stuck at 99% completed). Apart from all that, it's still a solid game that follows the tried-and-tested open world formula.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, pitseleh said:

Brought myself a PSP. Apologies if this is against the forum rules, but has anyone have any experience hacking a PSP? Is it easy? I'm thinking about turning it into a portable emulator. 

Against the forum rules? I've reported you to the police.