WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

2 hours ago, eugenespeed said:

Got the remastered Shenmue 1+2 on eBay a couple of days ago, so if the Royal Mail Gods are smiling on me today, that's tonight's plan. 

There have been a few early bugs in them (not counting the cockroach in Ryo's kitchen), but a new patch is due by the end of this week. Enjoy. 🙂

I think a few have been guilty of underestimating the demand for it, since the collection debuted at #2 in last week's charts and plummeted this week with many shops having sold out, going by a range of anecdotal reports - backed up by the fact that in the same period it's risen from top ten to top three in France.

It's not for everyone, mind. People who go in expecting Sleeping Dogs or Yakuza will be caught off guard by the slower pace, and if they don't bear in mind when it was made they won't appreciate that it was one of the first big steps toward those games.

But for those it gets its hooks into, even playing for the first time in 2018, it fills a void that they didn't know existed. So I'll always recommend people give it a chance unless you really, really don't have the patience for anything dated or light on action.

Yakuza Kiwami 2.

Having an absolute blast so far and I'm only on chapter 6. Puts the new engine to great use, though the physics can be a bit wierd.

As much as I enjoyed Yakuza 6. Kiwami 2 is much better imo.

Yakuza 0 might still be my favourite though.

Edited by The King Of Swing

6 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

People who go in expecting Sleeping Dogs

Forgot I downloaded this when it was a Games With Gold freebie months ago.  Loved it on 360, will have to give it a bash once I can but Elite Dangerous and The Witcher 3 on the back burner.

• Awards Moderator

At the start of the week I convinced myself to pursue the main story of Witcher 3. I made about an hour before I decided to collect loads of Gwent cards, win a bare knuckle boxing contest and help a soothsayer collect some herbs... I'm never going to finish that game. 

11 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Yakuza Kiwami 2.

Having an absolute blast so far and I'm only on chapter 6. Puts the new engine to great use, though the physics can be a bit wierd.

As much as I enjoyed Yakuza 6. Kiwami 2 is much better imo.

Yakuza 0 might still be my favourite though.

I blasted through Kiwami 2 in just under four days of getting it, sub-stories included. Out of the Yakuza games released over the past year and a half, it's the worst of the bunch. It could just be me but I expected more from it.

It feels too rushed which is daft because it's been out in Japan for the best part of a year before hitting Europe and I thought the small technical hitches would have been ironed out by now. The response from pad to screen is slow which hinders certain tasks like karaoke quests and the fight transitions take longer than Kiwami 1.

It looks great, the mini-games are fun aside from the claw game which has recessed it's all filler and no killer.

8 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

At the start of the week I convinced myself to pursue the main story of Witcher 3. I made about an hour before I decided to collect loads of Gwent cards, win a bare knuckle boxing contest and help a soothsayer collect some herbs... I'm never going to finish that game. 

Gwent is one aspect of the game I haven't bothered with. Yet. 

• Paid Members

What about the copious amounts of no-strings sex? That takes up quite a chunk of Geralt's time.

Off topic slightly, but apparently Netflix are producing a Witcher series and Henry Cavill has been cast as Geralt. Seems too clean-cut for my liking.

I've given Dead by Daylight a go but it's just too bloody scary! My girlfriend fell a sleep on the sofa last week and she said the last thing she remembers is waking up and hearing me go "Fuck this I'm going to bed" then hearing me run up the stairs leaving her to sleep on her own on the sofa.

Destiny 2 and God of War 3 remastered were free this month. I'm looking forward to getting stuck in to those as I phase out my Fortnite gaming, which has improved considerably since I switched to the North America region. What's the reception like to the Destiny series?

• Paid Members
On 9/5/2018 at 2:04 PM, Uncle Zeb said:

There have been a few early bugs in them (not counting the cockroach in Ryo's kitchen), but a new patch is due by the end of this week. Enjoy. 🙂

I think a few have been guilty of underestimating the demand for it, since the collection debuted at #2 in last week's charts and plummeted this week with many shops having sold out, going by a range of anecdotal reports - backed up by the fact that in the same period it's risen from top ten to top three in France.

It's not for everyone, mind. People who go in expecting Sleeping Dogs or Yakuza will be caught off guard by the slower pace, and if they don't bear in mind when it was made they won't appreciate that it was one of the first big steps toward those games.

But for those it gets its hooks into, even playing for the first time in 2018, it fills a void that they didn't know existed. So I'll always recommend people give it a chance unless you really, really don't have the patience for anything dated or light on action.

It arrived today. So, I know what I'll be doing later. 

• Awards Moderator

I've never managed to get through it. Naughty Dog tell superb stories, with mediocre gameplay. I've had it for years on PS3, I'll get back to it one day. Until then, there's always Gwent... 

59 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I enjoyed it well enough but was a little let down as it sure didn't live up to the hype. The story was good by videogame standards but a lot of people would have you believe it was an Oscar worthy masterpiece.

It is. I've played through it several times and loved it every time. 

It's by far my most favourite media, not just game.