WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Awards Moderator

Gutted for Telltale. The first season of Walking Dead is one of the best games of all time. Arch I take your point about it being a choose your own adventure but there's enough agency for me to be part of it. Whatever your stance, exceptional writing. They must've had some clout considering they had the licence for Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Back to the Future etc. 

1 hour ago, Rule One said:

No matter what choice you make its still the wrong choice and everyone is a full on bag of dicks.

Isn't this the point? Life is hard. 

Talking about great games makes me want to revive the games poll. Last time was around the release of GTAV and GTA dominated the top 10. I guess running it now would make Red Dead Redemption win... 

7 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Talking about great games makes me want to revive the games poll. Last time was around the release of GTAV and GTA dominated the top 10. I guess running it now would make Red Dead Redemption win... 

Please do, it was a top 50 votes by UKFF members wasn’t it? 

Loved that thread, anyone know where I can find it? Would love to read through it again.

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Gutted for Telltale. The first season of Walking Dead is one of the best games of all time. Arch I take your point about it being a choose your own adventure but there's enough agency for me to be part of it.

Inappropriate Clint Eastwood GIF by Cheezburger

I'm a huge fan of the old point-and-click adventure games- they were as important to me during my youth as any console games were. I miss that kind of game now, and the Telltale games did a decent enough job of recreating the experience. They still didn't offer gameplay as fun as the games made a quarter of a century ago though and I guess that must be why they failed to appeal to the casual gamer market despite having some of the biggest franchises in the world on board.

Surprised to see Sonic 2 so much higher than Mario 64. I was under the impression that this place had more Nintendo guys and even me as a full on Mega Drive guy in my youth wouldn't put any Sonic game higher than Mario 64, or Super Mario World actually.

Edited by Mr_Danger

4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Is anyone going to egx this year, I somehow won tickets to today and tomorrow but the game lineup looks a tad poor.

I went on Thursday and had a right good time. There was a lot of stuff I'd already played, but there was still enough to keep me entertained for 8 solid hours. Even if the lineup looks a little underwhelming, you're likely to find things you've never heard about just wandering around the halls. Although you might just spend most of the day in queues - it was fairly quiet on Thursday and the longest I waited was around 20 minutes (having an early access ticket helped, especially with the AAA titles whose queues were pretty massive when the general doors opened), but I can imagine it might be a nightmare over the weekend...

• Paid Members

Apparently the management  at Telltale were massive shits, but that's the "Triple A" game industry for  you, I guess. I trotted through the Back To The Future game over an afternoon.It was a fun distraction. I picked up  both the Sam & Max ones for quids in a sale on XBox Live as well, they're waiting for me to give them a play. I think they possibly suffered a bit of a sales dip from their games being different skins over the same engine for ages without much tweaking. I know the phrase goes "if it ain't broken don't fix it", but that doesn't mean there isn't always room for improvement.

What happens with games on Steam and the PSN Store, etc, when the companies who put them there go bust? Do they disappear too? Just wondering if I need to make a point of downloading Telltale stuff I've bought and never gotten round to, like Geofferz with Sam & Max there.