WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

GTA 3 is for a different console so that won't be on there, I still enjoy the original tho, gameplay is fast and responsive and has aged better than the clunky early 3D games imo.

Although, Chinatown Wars took that OG style and made it even better.

Chinatown Wars is great. I loved how it integrated the touchscreen on the DS version, and the soundtrack on the PSP version is great. 

I'd have thought Parappa would be a dead cert to go on there.

I wonder whether they'd put Abe's Oddysee or Exoddus on there. 

Maybe something like Kurushi? I would personally lose my mind if they went left field and stuck Incredible Crisis on there. Maybe one of the Bishi Bashi games? 

Wipeout 2097? Would there be soundtrack licence issues, though? 

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, gmoney said:

GTA 3 had an original soundtrack anyway, didn't it? It wan't until Vice City the started licensing stuff. 

There's a few licensed tracks on it but not compared to the amount of it's successors. Some of the tracks on Flashback FM for instance are from Scarface. 

1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The original GTA played like a dog. GTA3 might be a tricky one due to music rights just like with Tony Hawk. 

I know the original is a bit clunky, but like many it was my introduction to the series, and there's something romantic about the purple roads and helicopter/top-down view and mowing over the group of monks and having GOROUNGA! appear on the screen. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I'm not sure they'd put a Wipeout on there soon after releasing a HD collection but you never know, that's a good shout.

There's a Final Fantasy VII remake in the works as well, but they've stuck that on there. I wonder whether they'd stick a Crash or Spyro on there, as they were quite synonymous with the PS One. 

There would be a lot of nostalgia for the original GTA games, but I can't help worrying that once somebody tried to play them without that nostalgia and the big map they'd have trouble enjoying it because of the controls. It was a great game at the time, but whenever I've tried going back to it I've really been frustrated by the controls, which Chinatown Wars managed to fix. 

• Paid Members

The final couple books (of the Potter series, I didn't read Fantastic Beasts or any of that stuff) got fairly dark, and as I recall the Fantastic Beasts movie had its dark moments. The books never shied away from death or killing, really, so I'm hoping this game not be aimed at the kiddies.