WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

3 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Is it shit like all his other games?

I really enjoyed Heavy Rain and Farenheit. I also have a massive fondness for Deadly Premonition. So if you just like COD and Fifa etc, they're not going to be your cup of earl grey.

Road to World Cup 98 was the last decent FIFA game.

Anyway Assassin's Creed Odyssey has been a pleasant surprise. Was expecting to be bored shirtless by the three hour mark, but I'm finding it incredibly addictive.

Not finding the grind anywhere near as bad as people are claiming. Some naff side quests but overall the most fun I've had with series in ages.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

I really enjoyed Heavy Rain and Farenheit. I also have a massive fondness for Deadly Premonition. So if you just like COD and Fifa etc, they're not going to be your cup of earl grey.

Stop gatekeeping, you utter turnip.

Heavy Rain was dross. Real try-hard stuff that was ham-fisted in it's design and it consistently failed to elicit an emotional response from me. If Detroit is more of the same then I'm glad I gave it a miss.

Life Is Strange hit the chord perfectly. The ending of Valiant Hearts nearly had me in tears. Heavy Rain tried to hit you over the head like any bad Oscar-bait movie. Turgid stuff.

Heavy Rain at least looked nice I guess.

Farenheit is one of my worst experiences as a gamer. First red flag was when I opened the manual (remember those?) and the devs were practically begging people to enjoy it.

I've had Life is Strange sitting in my library for ages. Need to give it a proper go sometime.

• Awards Moderator
40 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Farenheit is one of my worst experiences as a gamer. First red flag was when I opened the manual (remember those?) and the devs were practically begging people to enjoy it.

I bought it off the back of @Mr. Seven's recommendation on a lunch break at work. I enjoyed it, never finished it though!

Apparently I dodged a bullet because

the ending has mad stuff to do with polygon people and all sorts. Given you start as a police detective, look how the endings read from Wiki:

Good ending: Lucas learns the secret of the Indigo Child, and the winter disappears. He and Carla have boundless hope for the future.

Orange Clan ending: The Oracle learns the secret of the Indigo Child and three months later everything seems like normal, but Lucas knows that one day the plans of the Mayans will reveal themselves.

Purple Clan ending: The Purple clan learns the secret of the Indigo Child and the world is covered in an eternal snowstorm, with three quarters of humanity wiped out, and the rest living underground. The only hope Lucas and Carla have for the future is their unborn child, presumed to be the next Indigo Child.

1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

Deadly Premonition is possibly my fav game ever but Heavy Rain isn't a patch on it, I feel insulted for Swery that you'd mention them together like that.

It's because both games favour story over engaging gameplay, created by pseudo auteurs.

The "awful" gameplay of Deadly Prem is hugely overblown, it's mediocre at worst and is really just of PS2 game quality as that was when it was originally being developed.

Where do you stand on things like text based adventures or other genres that are very limited on gameplay and are all story based?

13 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

The "awful" gameplay of Deadly Prem is hugely overblown, it's mediocre at worst and is really just of PS2 game quality as that was when it was originally being developed.

Where do you stand on things like text based adventures or other genres that are very limited on gameplay and are all story based?

I'm all over them I am a massive fan of the Monkey Island franchise and many point and click adventure games. I'm not dissing Deadly Premonition or any of Swery's other games. D3 was an enjoyable experience, but the controls were utter bobbins. I have backed Swery's next game on Kickstarter, which looks enjoyably bonkers.