WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

8 minutes ago, BrodyGraham said:

Is there a way to get the points offline? Got no time for online. 

1. Demonstrations: You can watch the demonstrations for each character across the 3 different levels. You will get 2000 FM per demonstration.
  2. Story Mode: There are total 28 characters that can be used here and completing each character’s story will give you 7000 FM.
  3. Trials: You can just attempt the first set of Trials for the characters, which is usually the most easy ones. You will be able to get 4000 FM per character here.
  4. Survival: Survival is pretty easy to complete on the easy difficulty setting and can get you as much as 4000 FM per character. If you are up for challenge, you can try the normal difficulty setting once you are done with easy to get 4000 more FM for each of the character.

If you are able to go through these modes with each of the fighters, you should end up with around 532k Fight Money which can get you 5 of the 6 Season Pass 3 DLC characters. You can then unlock them and go through the same modes with these characters to get the required amount for the last DLC character.

That's the problem. I thought that SF5 auto updated to Arcade Edition including the 12 season 1 and 2 dlc characters and I'd only have to grind for S3. I dunno if they nixed that when they put it on the deals section on PS store but I currently only have the initial roster. But hey, I only paid £8 for it so no real loss. 

Yeah, I know and thanks, I'm not ungrateful I think I might have jipped myself a little bit is all. 

4 minutes ago, King of Hamptons said:

I'm way behind... Just bought Spiderman and have spent 45 minutes just webbing and swinnibg around New York... So much fun!!    

I agree, it really is a joy to just move around the city. It's the games best trick that it just feels right. 

Started playing Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain.  I say playing, I mean watching a shit film and pressing a button when prompted every ten minutes or so.  After ninety turgid minutes it looks like I'm at the first level proper now, so hoping it becomes an actual game now. 

• Paid Members

That opening is interminable. Sometimes it really feels like Koijma really resents the person playing the game.

Best advice for Phantom Pain is to just ignore the story, and focus on it as a great open world game. Sneaking into bases, getting caught then, just fucking everyone off with mortars, or crashing into them with a jeep, remains fun even while the story goes to absolute shit.

There's barely any story to the game unlike previous iterations and most of it is only accessed by listening to cassette tapes anyway, it only makes any kind of sense if you really got in to Peace Walker too which most people seem to have skipped.

But yeah, gameplay wise it has some of the best mechanics out there and you can be truly inventive in how you go about missions.

• Paid Members

Picked up Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle on my XBone. Lots of retro scrolly brawly fun to be had. Unfortunately for what's presumably rights reasons the Alien Vs Predator beat 'em up, Cadillacs & Dinosaurs and Punisher aren't on it, but the seven games that are on there are classics and hidden gems. Battle Circuit is  overlooked as it came out around the time arcade games and arcades tended to be getting turned into wall to wall fruit machines.

King Of  Dragons is obviously a forerunner of the excellent Capcom Dungeons & Dragons games. Final Fight is Final Fight, one of the grandaddies of the genre. Knights Of The Round is a nice Arthurian romp with an interesting level up system and some loot/food dynamics. Captain Commando is entirely solid and has some very interesting characters. Warriors Of Fate almost feels like a sequel or companion piece to Knights Of The Round as there are some shared mechanics. Armoured Warriors has a nice mechanic where you can take parts from your downed opponents and add them to your own mech and vary your attacks.

If you're a fan of the genre this is well worth a look. If you're not sure whether beat'em ups are your bag I'd say to take a look at either the Streets Of Rage or Golden Axe Sega Vintage Collection which are half the price,and a lot friendlier than some of the obvious"quarter munching" mechanics of the games in this collection.