WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I got an e-mail off Sony the other day advertising the fact you can now download some of the games from the PSNow service to play offline(or at least not streamed). Has anyone used the option yet, and if so is Red Dead Redemption one of the games you can download? I used a free trial to test the service years ago and couldn't cope with how jerky it was due to the games being steamed, but if there is some decent games to than be played directly from the hard drive, then I may just give it a bash...

I'm living in hope that we get a remaster of RDR sooner or later so I can play it properly. It's the only downside to RDR2 for me in that I haven't played the first one but I'm hoping with it being a prequel I won't miss too many references. 

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Where do you stand on things like text based adventures or other genres that are very limited on gameplay and are all story based?

Love point'n'click titles and I used to play text-based games all the time as they were always included in those "500 Games!" compendiums you'd find in the Blockbuster bargain bin.

• Awards Moderator

This kinda belongs in the board game thread but:

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4917-CUSA12867_00-PREORDERXXXXXXXX?et_cid=em_346412&et_rid=392142&Linkid=PLALI-B-040918-CE-1ST-WES&emcid=em-st-160586

Ticket to Ride will soon be available on PS4. Each player will use a phone to play. 'S gonna be great. That's You! is in the playlink range and that's good fun. 

• Paid Members

Skipping between Horizon: Zero Dawn and Fire Pro lately. Had a marathon session on the former yesterday as I've been off work sick.

I don't normally play that sort of big AAA title, as I don't commit that much time to gaming, so it always feels a waste of money for me to buy them. Can't really remember why I forked out for this one. I love it, though - visually stunning, really intriguing world, incredibly intuitive gameplay that makes combat rarely gets boring. There are still some machines that make me panic if I catch sight of one, rather than thinking "fuck's sake, can't be bothered with this prick again" like I would in most games.

Fire Pro is just daft. Aside from a few of the challenges to learn how to play the thing, I've mostly just been playing random matches and downloading everyone who's ever even thought about wrestling. Highlights so far were doing a match as Big Daddy against Jim Breaks, Black Tiger doing a run-in and the two heels double team suplexing me out of the ring, and a randomly generated tournament I did last night, in which Abdullah The Butcher defeated Oscar De La Hoya, and Ruby Riott Frankensteinered Tommy Gilbert from the top rope to the floor. 

I also had a match as Raja Lion against Tom Magee that went half an hour, because whoever created Raja Lion gave him zero pins in his moveset.

I’ve had Fire Pro on for the last couple of days, I’ve downloaded 450 create a Wrestlers so far and have begun a G1 type league to determine my champions, 2 leagues of 10, top 2 in each group face of in the semis and then a final.

Kairi Sane beat Alexa Bliss in my Womens G1 winning the title in the process, even though Io Shirai won her block and remained undefeated she lost in the semi final, I’ve nearly finished my G1 for the men’s in which it looks like Chris Jericho, AJ Styles, Seth Rollins and Kenny Omega will be advancing.

IC and US titles will be next on the cards.

Then I can begin my company properly.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

8 minutes ago, Grecian said:

I've been mulling getting Fire Pro - is it worth it? Do you have to play all the matches or can they be simmed? Is it like Universe mode on WWE games? 

You can sim as many as you like.

Theres a GM mode coming in DLC in the future, I’m just simming leagues at the moment though as there’s a league mode, there’s also tournament modes too.

Gameplay isn’t amazing but there is so much customisation that it makes it up for me. 

Samoa Joe ended up winning my world title in the end, won his last few matches in his league and ended up beating Kenny Omega to the title, I’m now doing my IC title league and then I’ll go onto my Tag and US leagues so I’ll have champions in each division.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

I keep a DS in my bedside cabinet with Fire Pro Advance tucked into the cartridge slot. Whenever I can't sleep I'll just sim a few matches in this giant league that I've been doing for the past few years (each fed has a league and the winners will eventually all meet in a big blow-off league). The CPU is good enough to put on a good match but usually by match 2 or 3 I'm falling asleep. It's a God send.

Also, i'm actually somewhat invested in the 'story lines' that naturally pop up throughout the course of these leagues (win streaks, losing streaks, who can beat the big baddie, tag partners colliding, underdogs working their way up, mathematical elimination).

Christ, I'd have a hard time explaining this to anyone else whilst making it seem perfectly acceptable. My other half doesn't even know, she probably just thinks I'm actually playing a game.

• Paid Members

Has anyone got the PS4 pro? I've got the original PS4, but thanks to wing £5k on a competition I'm thinking of upgrading to the Pro for when RDR2 is released but don't know if it is worth it? Is there a notable difference in performance against the old one?

23 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Has anyone got the PS4 pro? I've got the original PS4, but thanks to wing £5k on a competition I'm thinking of upgrading to the Pro for when RDR2 is released but don't know if it is worth it? Is there a notable difference in performance against the old one?

You’ll need a 4K TV too if you want to notice a tiny bit of difference, my mate has both and when I asked him what the difference is he just said the PS4 Pro has more save space.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

You’ll need a 4K TV too if you want to notice a tiny bit of difference, my mate has both and when I asked him what the difference is he just said the PS4 Pro has more save space.

We already have 4K TV's, so that isn't an issue. I'm more interested in any performance gains and it is runs quieter. My standard PS4 has gotten louder and louder as the years have gone by, and sounds like a plane taking off these days.