WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Any Forza Horizon 4 players on here? Picked it up through XB Game Pass since I got a trial for it from getting the XB1X and loving it so far. Mad seeing some of the Edinburgh landmarks and bombing down Bamburgh Castle. Looks ridiculously good with the 4K HDR boost too. 

Anyone use Xbox Game Pass too? How often do they add to it? 

Aye that Vulcan is a belter, got one from a wheelspin yesterday in amongst the worthless clothes/horns/emotes they want me to have. 

Had that same trouble with being stuck on 529 yesterday, ended up luckily stumbling on the last two together when I started the Drift Club chapters just South West of Great Ridge, the little base there hadn't been touched by me yet. Was annoying me like hell trying to find them, total completionist haha. 

• Awards Moderator

I'm currently at manic-fever levels of anticipation for Fallout 76. I'm signed up to the BETA. And the wonderful ManyATrueNerd keeps dropping FO76 videos. I hit play then realise I don't want it spoiled and turn it off. I've done this like half a dozen times.

I'm going insane avoiding proper spoilers.

• Paid Members

Hm, I'm not sure about FO76 at all. From what I've read, it's little more than a multiplayer survival game. No NPCs to engage with, pretty much a key part of any RPG. I think if I was a massive fan of the Fallout world, aesthetic and mechanics, then I'd be right up for it as those things would make up for the lack of content, but RDR2 is going to be taking up a lot of my time (hopefully, by the time I'm done with Red Dead, Cyberpunk 2077 will be out or near to it) anyways so this is probably a skip from me.

Edited by SpursRiot2012

I've never played an MMO with no NPC's before, they've been pretty vital in most. I'd say this is less MMO and more Survival genre and sadly it's a genre I can't stand, the moment I heard there were thirst and hunger meters I was put off.

Edited by Merzbow

Ugh, you guys just broke my heart, In a season full of games I was pumped for (Tomb Raider, Red Dead, Fallout 76, Life is Strange 2, Walking Dead, Pokemon), I was most excited for Fallout. I'd never played any in the series before Fallout 4 but I loved that game. And I didn't read anything about 76 because I didn't want to be spoiled. If it's basically an online game, though, that's me out automatically. Games are for me to waste my hours alone unburdened by other people. If there are going to be representations of actual living people with their own wants, needs and desires on my screen, I can't be doing with it. Goddamn, Bethesda.

Seems my aversion to first person perspectives is just as bad in the third person perspective on FO4. The last time I felt as Ill as I did playing that the other night always when my mate let me have a go on Turok on his N64. Destiny 2 was fine though. I'm wondering if it's to do with graphics and motion as much as it is the perspective as Destiny is a much better looking and smoother game than F04.

Anyway, gives me hope for Cyberpunk at least.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

That's the point of it though, it's an MORPG, much like Elder Scrolls Online.

I just think, much like textonly above, a lot of Fallout fans who are buying the game sight unseen, not having read any previews because they want to stay spoiler free, are going to be quite disappointed by 76. I worry for Onyx.

• Awards Moderator

Oh I'm under no illusions that it's a non NPC MMORPG. That it's in the Fallout universe is enough for me. I've absorbed all the prerelease content from Bethesda themselves but I've ignored blogs and vlogs so far. I want to leave the vault as a complete noob. 

2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Noticed yesterday that Fight Night Champion has been added to EA Access, this makes me very happy.

I had it already via the backwards compatibility, bloody great game.  Another one where I love to play it and am completely shit at it!  Think my online record stood at 2-73 or something like that.