WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Burnout Paradise Remastered. Loved this series, especially Revenge and Paradise, and this is every bit as good as I'd remembered. It's a sign how much open-world games have progressed though that I used to find the map huge and overwhelming, whereas playing it now it seems pretty small.

Looking to get a few titles from last year. Anyone got any opinions on Call of Duty: WW2 or Star Wars Battlefront 2? Worth picking up? Can get them for £12 each in the local CEX.

Not sure if it is of interest to anyone here but someone has uploaded an official full PDF guide for the game. Obviously if you want to use it for the missions and stuff you can but it is also useful as it explains a bit more of the mechanics which might not be explained properly in the game. So for example, if you check out page 72 of the PDF (Page 143 of the guide) then it explains a bit more on the camp donations and what benefit that has as you were discussing above.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s9wPYWsXY6VIcx2kI9UWQxzxFk3Wmk8T/view

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Burnout Paradise Remastered. Loved this series, especially Revenge and Paradise, and this is every bit as good as I'd remembered. It's a sign how much open-world games have progressed though that I used to find the map huge and overwhelming, whereas playing it now it seems pretty small.

Looking to get a few titles from last year. Anyone got any opinions on Call of Duty: WW2 or Star Wars Battlefront 2? Worth picking up? Can get them for £12 each in the local CEX.

If you're talking about the PS2 game called Star Wars Battlefront 2 I hear it's amazing, I hear fewer good things about the one that was released on this generation of systems last year, but then that's probably why it'd be £12 in CEX. 

I picked up Dante's Inferno in the XBox halloween sale last week, then found out they were giving it away as part of games with gold this month. It's a decent hack and slash 'em up. Gets me in the mood for digging out my copy of Chaos Legion when I'm at my Mum's next. It crashed on me when I reached one point. It's challenging, but it feels like a case of I need to properly get the hang of it as opposed to the actual difficulty of the game. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

It was about £12 via an Xbox live sale recently as well, wish I'd bought it. My friend highly recommends it too and my son loved the last version. As johnnyboy says, EA just fucked it up in the first place by being greedy bastards. It's absolutely tainted the game and EA have taken quite a hit reputation-wise over it.

Looks like I'm getting a Switch with Zelda off my fine lady this Christmas. Probably going have to get divorced now so I can marry her. Anyway, I plan on getting Mario Kart 8 deluxe, Super Mario Oddyssey and a controller. What other essential items should I be looking at both soft and hardware wise? How much fun and use will the kids get from the Labo kit and is Cup Head ever going to come out on it? 

• Moderators

This probably goes here. Fuck knows where else I'd tuck it.

Gamesmaster-tantruming, bandana-wearing, Dave Perry of the 90's gaming scene is back with a webshow! It's got cool tattoos, extreme rock music, and bikini babes, all in futuristic 480p.

Watch at your own risk; I see there's an Anarchy symbol in the bottom corner. Might be a bit extreme for squares! (And yes, he does continue to harp on about the Mario 64 'fix' on Gamesmaster)

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Gamesmaster-tantruming, bandana-wearing, Dave Perry of the 90's gaming scene is back with a webshow! It's got cool tattoos, extreme rock music, and bikini babes, all in futuristic 480p.

Watch at your own risk; I see there's an Anarchy symbol in the bottom corner. Might be a bit extreme for squares! (And yes, he does continue to harp on about the Mario 64 'fix' on Gamesmaster)

That's really unfortunate placement of the YouTube icon in the thumbnail. Dave Perrys Games Anal

IMG_1022.PNG

Edited by chokeout

29 minutes ago, Astro Hollywood said:

I've seen multiple gaming youtubers rip this to shreds, I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch it.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Astro Hollywood said:

Screen_Shot_2017_07_13_at_1.09.20_PM.0.png