WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I've been playing that game practically my whole life and I've never twigged how odd the title is. So it's a documentary: he is chased around by a fat green man while he hops over platforms and avoids flying white things.

Collect lanterns, punch a wizard. Like Bruce Lee would.

• Awards Moderator

Does anyone play cash-grabbing but mildly diverting mobile game WWE Champions?

I've had enough of faction drama and mandatory competition. So if anyone wants to join my new faction free of hassle and just the perks of sharing healing etc, just search for faction 'Kwesh'.

3 hours ago, chokeout said:

It's as good a line up as you can hope. Few games that are less seminal and feel like filler. Would have liked a Tomb Raider game, Resident Evil 2 (which i suspect we would have got if they weren't releasing the HD remake) Gran Turismo or PaRappa The rapper. I'm getting one though, MGS, Twisted Metal,Resi, FF7 and Tekken are enough to hit my nostalgia buttons 

Yeah I think that if this included Gran Turismo, Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, PaRappa (good shout) and maybe something like Tony Hawks this would have been a must purchase. The line up is okay but nothing special. Maybe there are limitations we don't know about. 

• Paid Members

What a jabroni set of games. Battle Arena Toshinden? Intelligent Qube? You, your made up games and your RPGs can fuck off, Sony.

Playstation Classic: Not Stupid and Shit Edition would roughly include,

Resi 1- 3

Syphon Filter 1-3

MGS

Dino Crisis 1 and 2

ISS: Pro Evolution Soccer 2

Jackie Chan's Stuntmaster

Urban Chaos

Tekken 3

WCW Vs The World

Tony Hawk 2

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Dead Ball Zone

Spider-Man 1 and 2

Bruce Willis' Apocalypse

I feel bad for leaving out a Tomb Raider, profile-wise, but then I imagined actually trying to play one in 2018 and fuck that!

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

Yeah I think that if this included Gran Turismo, Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, PaRappa (good shout) and maybe something like Tony Hawks this would have been a must purchase. The line up is okay but nothing special. Maybe there are limitations we don't know about. 

If it's anything like the SNES one it seems to be a balancing act of titles they own the rights to, rather than splitting the royalties with every one. I imagine Tony Hawk and it's soundtrack would be a royalties nightmare and the rights to the songs have gone now, same with the rights to the vehicles in Gran Tursimo. Crash has just had a HD release so that wouldn't make the cut. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, CleetusVanDamme said:

What a jabroni set of games. Battle Arena Toshinden? Intelligent Qube? You, your made up games and your RPGs can fuck off, Sony.

Playstation Classic: Not Stupid and Shit Edition would roughly include,

Resi 1- 3

Syphon Filter 1-3

MGS

Dino Crisis 1 and 2

ISS: Pro Evolution Soccer 2

Jackie Chan's Stuntmaster

Urban Chaos

Tekken 3

WCW Vs The World

Tony Hawk 2

Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

Dead Ball Zone

Spider-Man 1 and 2

Bruce Willis' Apocalypse

I feel bad for leaving out a Tomb Raider, profile-wise, but then I imagined actually trying to play one in 2018 and fuck that!

WCW vs The World wasn't released on PSX. If you mean those gash Nitro and Thunder games, they were crap then and worse noe. If you're after a PlayStation wrestling fix, Virtua Pro Wrestling is the best you can get that isn't called Smackdown 2.

And Intelligent Qube was a bloody marvelous game! I played the hell out of the demo and the saved up pocket money to get the full version. Great addition to the roster.

The lineup looks good, some surprises too. Could've been an insta-buy if it included Tombi but it's perfectly acceptable regardless. I'll wait a few years for it to drop in price and I'll grab one for old times sake.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, chokeout said:

If it's anything like the SNES one it seems to be a balancing act of titles they own the rights to, rather than splitting the royalties with every one. I imagine Tony Hawk and it's soundtrack would be a royalties nightmare and the rights to the songs have gone now, same with the rights to the vehicles in Gran Tursimo. Crash has just had a HD release so that wouldn't make the cut. 

I'd bet there's a fair bit of soundtrack rights to be negotiated for Gran Turismo as well. I'm surprised they stuck Toshinden on there as opposed to seeing whether Bandai Namco would let them have Soul Edge/Blade alongside Tekken 3.

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

WCW vs The World wasn't released on PSX. If you mean those gash Nitro and Thunder games, they were crap then and worse noe. If you're after a PlayStation wrestling fix, Virtua Pro Wrestling is the best you can get that isn't called Smackdown 2.

tenor.gif

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members

Smackdown 2's multiplayer career mode was great. I spent 13 hours playing that with a mate one new year's day.

• Paid Members

Create-A-PPV mode was fantastic too. I think a majority of my 6 weeks holidays that year was spent on that mode. The ability to look at title histories and the game ranking the best PPVs/matches added that extra layer of addiction. Absolutely love that game.