WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 2.0

TildeGuy~!

Completed the main story of Spider Man (PS4)

I though God Of War was my GOTY but fuuuuuck this is pushing it close. Epic game. One of the most fun games I've played and so satisfying. Loved the Spiderman and the Peter Parker in this. Esp he and MJ's relationship. I've still got at least one side mission on the map atm plus of course a lot of the other side stuff like the bases, research labs etc.

Plus there's NG+ coming and I'm certainly going to be keeping an eye on the upcoming DLC.

Superbly done, very enjoyable and super fun game.

Took the plunge on PES, anyway, and am loving it so far. Antoine Griezmann's signed a ten match deal for the burgeoning Dole Wanderers, though I'm sure if his contract expires I can tempt him back if we end up doing some mental friendly game at the Big Super Duper Soccer show in Saudi Arabia. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

On 9/22/2018 at 2:18 PM, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I went on Thursday and had a right good time. There was a lot of stuff I'd already played, but there was still enough to keep me entertained for 8 solid hours. Even if the lineup looks a little underwhelming, you're likely to find things you've never heard about just wandering around the halls. Although you might just spend most of the day in queues - it was fairly quiet on Thursday and the longest I waited was around 20 minutes (having an early access ticket helped, especially with the AAA titles whose queues were pretty massive when the general doors opened), but I can imagine it might be a nightmare over the weekend...

I enjoyed both days in the end, there was just a sheer amount of good Indie titles with Disco Elysium maybe being a game of the year candidate. If anyone's played the original Planescape then think that in a real world like setting but even more indepth and surreal.

5 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Apparently the management  at Telltale were massive shits, but that's the "Triple A" game industry for  you, I guess. I trotted through the Back To The Future game over an afternoon.It was a fun distraction. I picked up  both the Sam & Max ones for quids in a sale on XBox Live as well, they're waiting for me to give them a play. I think they possibly suffered a bit of a sales dip from their games being different skins over the same engine for ages without much tweaking. I know the phrase goes "if it ain't broken don't fix it", but that doesn't mean there isn't always room for improvement.

They are a terrible place to work, and don't believe any of the "we've made changes" stuff coming out now.  As always with games companies, unless you actually REMOVE the assholes at the top, the culture will remain the same.

TBF, most AAA studios are pretty toxic work environments - terrible hours, no overtime, bullying culture.  The industry burns through enthusiastic young gamers like a forest fire.  We need union representation desperately, but good luck in popping up as a union rep at a games studio and still having your job in 6 months.

• Paid Members

So I guess it wasn't just me who just didn't like Telltale Games. It's not like I couldn't appreciate what they were trying to achieve but forn for me the linear progrssion and the idea I could never shake that I wasn't really playing a video game but more just following what Telltale laid out for me.

• Paid Members

I really enjoyed the Back To The Future game, but nothing else from TellTale seemed to work for me. They always felt more like an interactive novel, or something like Dragon's Lair, than the sort of point-and-click adventure they started out trying to emulate. 

As someone who counts Monkey Island amongst his all-time favourite games, I'd hoped they'd bring about a resurgence in that genre, but they never really delivered.

I'm not even half way through GTA 5, I've just started Fall Out 4 and the good lady who let's me live and breed with her is pre ordering RDR 2. I don't mind having a couple of games on the go at once but just to speed up the process on Fall Out and GTA what cheats would you all consider game enhancers? Or are we all purists? I'll probably slog on with GTA but just from the few hours or so of Fall Out I've played I know I'm gonna want to skip a load of scavenging and speed up community building some how.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I'm not even half way through GTA 5, I've just started Fall Out 4 and the good lady who let's me live and breed with her is pre ordering RDR 2. I don't mind having a couple of games on the go at once but just to speed up the process on Fall Out and GTA what cheats would you all consider game enhancers? Or are we all purists? I'll probably slog on with GTA but just from the few hours or so of Fall Out I've played I know I'm gonna want to skip a load of scavenging and speed up community building some how.

I'd say just complete the main story of both games and pick what you fancy afterwards. For example in FO4, unless you want the achievements/trophies, you don't really need to get into the community building/defending aspect. If a mission requires you to do so, then do the bare minimum and carry on with the rest of the main plot.

Same with GTA5 I imagine. I'm just under half-way through the story and I've barely touched any of the side missions or activities. It's still enjoyable never the less.

Edited by Accident Prone
I realised that I spelled 'want' as wan't. Christ.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

just from the few hours or so of Fallout I've played I know I'm gonna want to skip a load of scavenging and speed up community building some how.

There is a well-signposted story quest line that you can follow. No side quests are essential and community / base building adds nothing to the story (nor to the game itself, in my view).

Fallout 4 storyline spoilers:

There's no 'final boss' you need to be super-powered for. The hardest fight in the game is Kellogg, so if you've already beaten him just level up as normal. No grinding necessary.

• Paid Members

Can anyone recommend a decent price comparison site for PS4 games, please? I've nor purchased a game at full price or on release date since MGSV, but will be breaking my duck for RDR2. Thing is, I obviously don't want to pay over the odds...

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Its £49.99 on zavvi, however, if you use the code "welcome" you can save 10% if its your first ever order, so it will be around £45, that is then the cheapest price i have seen

https://www.zavvi.com/games-ps4/red-dead-redemption-2/11354567.html

£44 here on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RED-DEAD-REDEMPTION-II-2-NEW-SEALED-PS4-PLAYSTATION-4-UK-SELLER/142951625394?hash=item214894b2b2:g:7RgAAOSw7SFbpBCR

Cheers Ralphy! Much appreciated...

I only want the standard release I think. Probably won't play much online anyway, so all the "free" add on's they come with will only go to waste.

I got Spiderman yesterday and it's simultaneously made me ecstatic and annoyed. 

I love this game. I love that it understands that the best Spidey game ever was Spiderman 2 and I love that it understands why. It absolutely nails the mechanics of traversing around the city. No swinging from an invisible ceiling here if a line hasn't got anything to connect to, there's no line and it gives a wonderful feeling of weight to moving around the game. The combat is fluid and just about different enough from Arkham to not feel hackneyed. I love the fact that they realised that all they had to do was pile on some modern bells and whistles to a 15+ year old game and it'd be good but they've lavished so much care on the trimmings that for a lifelong Spidey fan, it's a proper love letter.

Now if only someone could plonk a copy of No Mercy in someone's hand at 2k and just get them to do the same thing! Or give AKI the New Japan license.