#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

There was a takeaway called "Kebabs, Fish, 'n' Chicken" not too far away from me. The banner also proclaimed they did Pizza as well, but they obviously weren't too confident in their pizza making to add it to their name. Though the menus with "KF'n'C" emblazoned on top of them meant they changed their name after 3 months. I expect the Colonel's lawyers slapped them with a cease and desist.

• Paid Members

"MY UNCLE". That's extraordinary.

There's a dodgy Turkish takeaway opposite a pub I drink in, which doesn't have a stupid name, but does have a sign with a rubbish graphic of a cartoon lady holding a hot dog and the words "JERSEY'S SEXIEST DOGS", which has always given cause for a raised eyebrow.

They also have signs all over the front of the shop advertising what they sell, so one saying "PIZZA", one saying "KEBABS", and so on, and one of them says "CHIPS, CHEESE & GRAVY", which always struck me as needlessly specific.

Which also reminds me of a mate ordering chips, cheese and curry sauce, only to be told that they were out of curry sauce, and asked if he'd like something else instead. A quick, panicked scan of the menu drew him to the previous item on the list, and he just blurted out "CRAB". Sat there, mouth agape, watching them pour a load of shredded crab over his chips and cheese, feeling too awkward to say that this was probably a mistake. He apparently quite enjoyed it in the end, though.

Edited by BomberPat