#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Mr_Danger said:

Hark at Mr big shot going to Pizza Hut in the evening. You'll never get your moneys worth that's for sure. Last time I went(during the afternoon buffet)Ā I think I rinsed the salad bar more than the pizzas but tbfĀ it's not real salad and you can smother anything healthy in blue cheese sauce and bacon bits.

The place has never done anything for me, I'd prefer to go somewhere they do a decent mixed grill! But it's my youngest's birthday and she chose Pizza Hut. Suppose it will me enjoy it a bit more because I'm not paying.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

The place has never done anything for me, I'd prefer to go somewhere they do a decent mixed grill! But it's my youngest's birthday and she chose Pizza Hut. Suppose it will me enjoy it a bit more because I'm not paying.

The little girl chose the restaurantĀ so she pays, I like your style.Ā 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

The little girl chose the restaurantĀ so she pays, I like your style.Ā 

Sooner the little brats can pay their own way the better, if you ask me!Ā 

• Paid Members

Last time I went to Pizza Hut I bounded over to the Ice Cream Factory for pudding, fuelled by nostalgia and was hit with a sledgehammer of disappointment. The sad whippy machine barely dispensed the stuff and the toppings available were; shitty knockĀ off jelly babies. That's it. The only sauce was a dribble of strawberry. It was a far cry from the feast of my youth, with smarties, hard gums, and about 4 different sauces. I audibly exclaimed "Is that it?! And had to get a bloke to find some chocolate sauce. When the bill came, they didn't charge us for it, so fair play on that front.Ā 

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

Well, just back from the Hut of Pizza.Ā 

Plumpe for the Philly Steak and Cheese on one of their dough ball bases. Must be honest, it was really nice.Ā 

1 hour ago, gmoney said:

Last time I went to Pizza Hut I bounded over to the Ice Cream Factory for pudding, fuelled by nostalgia and was hit with a sledgehammer of disappointment, The sad whippy machine barely dispensed the stuff, and the toppings available were; Shitty knockĀ off jelly babies. That's it. The only sauce was a dribble of strawberry. It was a far cry from the feast of my youth, with smarties, hard gums, and about 4 different sauces. I audibly exclaimed "Is that it?! And had to get a bloke to find some chocolate sauce. When the bill came, they didn't charge us for it, so fair play on that front.Ā 

The kids had one of the ice cream factories each, and must agree; it was shit! If it wasn't included with the kids meals, I'd have complained.Ā 

Still think the place is over priced for what it is. The father in law paid and I though he was going to drop dead when the bill came....

Haven't had a Pizza Hut in ages, and the only thing I'd get excited about would be the stuffed crust which is ace to be fair, never liked their pizza's as much as Pizza Express or Dominos though.

Pizza Express are now doing Deliveroo from my local branch which I'm quite excited about - their warm chocolate fudge cake with ice cream is superb.

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Caspian Pizza In Cov is great for those, they also do a fuck tonne of kebab meat and chips with a can for under a fiver. Hopefully the place stays there after the gentrification of Gosford Street is complete.

I only found out a year or so ago that Nawaz is no more. Caspian is ace, used to grab a kebab during band practise at Rockhouse from there!

• Paid Members

As discussion has turned towards theĀ MidlandsĀ - where's tops for a curry in Cov, gents?

A dozen of us are headedĀ that way for the CAMRA beer festival at the rugby club on the first weekend in March (technically my 'stag do').

Thanks in advance.

11 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

I only found out a year or so ago that Nawaz is no more. Caspian is ace, used to grab a kebab during band practise at Rockhouse from there!

Good old Backbeat, the best place for a spliff and a tin.

@Statto Regarding good Indian restaurants I'd say My Dhabba is pretty much the best around right now, it's a new-ish place but beats the other longer standing city centre restaurants.

But personally I go down Foleshill and eat there, it's not too much of a trek out of the centre and you can grab so much good food for hardly anything including masses of indian sweets.