#EATCLEAN

PowerButchi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 18/12/2017 at 2:29 AM, Carbomb said:

Have you tried the regular milk-chocolate-dipped ones too, Dev? They're gorgeous. I really want to try those white choc ones, though.

They are the only oreos I like, the standard oreos are the most overrated thing.  The white won't be quite as good as the black I'd wager. 

• Paid Members

Not sure if anyone else is into the same highbrow viewing as I am, but 5 had a programme on Britain's favourite biscuit last night. This was the top 20:

1. Chocolate Digestive  

2. Chocolate Hobnob  

3. Jammie Dodger

4. Custard Crème

5. Shortbread 

6. Bourbon  

7. Jaffa Cake 

8. Ginger Nut

9. Digestive 

10. Wagon Wheel

11. Kit Kat

12. Caramel Wafer

13. Double chocolate chip cookie

14. Rich Tea 

15. Fig Roll 

16. Milk chocolate chip cookie

17. Malted Milk 

18. Chocolate Finger 

19. Hob Nob 

20. Chunky Cookie 

I am offended that the Bourbon was below Custard Creme, but A-OK with the chocolate digestive up top. On the Oreo thing, just saw Kaz's post below and agree that it's popular because it seemed exotic due to being from abroad. Bit like when BN was big for a time. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

What was it about the original ones that people went crackers for, or was it just clever American branding on Sex in the City, or friends or something? If they were in a variety box of biscuits, there would still be 2 left in the top tray even though the bottom tray would be half polished off.

• Paid Members

We got the mystery flavour oreos the other week — still not sure what they were supposed to be, it was a golden oreo, and the filling tasted most like the milk left over from fruity cereal. Had bad connotation for me, from when I had an eating disorder in my teens (well, a different eating disorder) — took breakfast every morning in my bedroom, under the guise of being a sullen teen, had cereal but threw all the actual cereal out the window and drank the milk.

It's Festivus on the 23rd, so we're doing our yearly "blow all the rewards from delivery.com (about $45 worth) on a slap-up Jewish deli meal". Big tub of matzoh ball soup, triple decker sandwiches, Cel-ray, and this bad boy, which only seems to exist at Sarge's. They seemed to realize a couple of years ago that $3 was a ridiculously low price for an item of this size and quality, and now it's a more sensible $9.

EDIT — A JAFFA CAKE IS NOT A BISCUIT.

Edited by Sergio Mendacious
Wrongly categorized snack food

• Paid Members

That list is fucking nonsense. 

A Wagon Wheel in the top 20? A choc chip cookie, a double choc chip cookie and a chunky cookie take up 3 spaces... Behave. Where the fucks the Trios? Where’s the caramel infused chocolate digestive? Where’s the Gold Bars? 

• Paid Members

Gold Bars are in the bin, where they belong. But yeah, where's the chocolate caramel digestive? What kind of monster prefers a rich tea over a hob nob? Also, kit kats take a backseat to no biscuit — I still remember when I was having a bout of insomnia, and I was reading the kit kat wikipedia, and I fell asleep in the middle. Woke up ten minutes later in tears, because I'd dreamed that someone had bought the rights to the kit kat, and then took them out of production.

• Paid Members

I think the Caramel Wafer is criminally underrated. My Gran used to be strict as all hell as to what biscuits my Grandad could buy, due to his heart troubles. Consequently, he always used to keep a pack of Caramel Wafers behind the book shelf and let me have one when I came over if I kept schtum. She once also caught him hiding Welsh Cakes in the gap between the oven and the kitchen units. 

Edited by Gus Mears