Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

Today i learned that the old bastard on the show King of Queens is Ben Stiller's dad in real life, and yet both have different surnames.

Doesn't bother me too much, they are both fucking awful actors with a fucking uniquely shit style of acting each. Dry aggressive forced humour is not funny.

Today I learned that listening to Adele speak is like nails on a chalkboard for me. I'm not exaggerating. I was sitting there and my girlfriend was watching the Graham Norton show and I suddenly realising I'm getting this headache. I took me a minute to work out it was Adele's horrible South London accent doing it to me. I guess I'd never heard her speak before.

Is she not from Tottenham?

Edited by Clinton Morrison

• Paid Members

Today i learned that the old bastard on the show King of Queens is Ben Stiller's dad in real life, and yet both have different surnames.

Doesn't bother me too much, they are both fucking awful actors with a fucking uniquely shit style of acting each. Dry aggressive forced humour is not funny.

His name is Jerry Stiller.

• Moderators

Jerry Stiller is fucking awesome. Yes, he can only do one thing, but he does it brilliantly. Him as George's Dad in Seinfeld is one of the best recurring minor characters in any sitcom ever. Don't blame him because the writing for King of Queens is terrible.

Also, anyone who is a fan of his, check out the film The Independent. It's not amazing, but definitely worth a watch. Ben pops up in a cameo as well.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

tumblr_o3ogi12ikp1qf9csoo1_400.gif

• Paid Members

Today I learned- that if you don't play the game when booking train tickets, you will get bent over and bummed good and proper.

By buying a bunch of singles rather than a normal return and by coming back a couple of hours later, I've saved £70 for the exact same journeys

Yep - I don't know whom the train companies are employing to do their ticketing, but their logic baffles me. Is there any particular reason they seem to want to discourage people from buying return tickets?

I've booked a weekend up in Newcastle in early May, and two singles cost me nearly £80 less than the return did.

• Paid Members

Today I learned- that if you don't play the game when booking train tickets, you will get bent over and bummed good and proper.
By buying a bunch of singles rather than a normal return and by coming back a couple of hours later, I've saved £70 for the exact same journeys

Yep - I don't know whom the train companies are employing to do their ticketing, but their logic baffles me. Is there any particular reason they seem to want to discourage people from buying return tickets?

I've booked a weekend up in Newcastle in early May, and two singles cost me nearly £80 less than the return did.

Always cheeky bastards dishing out the tickets though. Never known a mode of transport like it. Try to avoid it now since Abellio took over the Scotrail franchise.

TODAY I LEARNED that Mark Collis and Ferah Orosco were fake Cambridge Utd players on Championship Manager 93/94. Players were supposedly only available if you bought the pirated version....

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• 9 months later...