Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

TIL that not having anything to do with social media is brilliant and has been a really good thing for me.

Ok, so I make the odd post on here from time-to-time but I closed my Facebook and Twitter accounts down 6 weeks ago and I genuinely believe it's changed me for the better.

As a person, I'm really easily irritated. I've found, that as I've gotten older, more and more stuff winds me up. Things people say, the way they say them, attention seeking posts on FB and Twitter, ignorant and stupid people sharing anything because they believe it to be true, the list goes on and on.

The best thing i ever did was unfollow everyone on facebook. I didnt delete because its too good for music, sports, news in general. I don't see anyone else's shit it's just an actual news feed for me now and it's awesome.

• Paid Members

You could just use Twitter for that though Ebb, couldn't you? I'm just weighing up my options because Facebook is fucking awful and I'm waiting for all my excuses to keep it to finally diminish. Facebook is for bored mothers these days.

• Paid Members

I still use twitter for the same kind of thing. I just use facebook as a news source rather than trying to see what every fucker is upto. I still have friends on there i just dont see anything they post unless i go looking for it.

Try it PunkStep, just click unfollow on all the people who clog up your news feed and just follow things you're interested in.

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

Today I learned that Kenny "R2D2" Baker is 81.

I've no idea where it came from, or if it's just urban mythery, but I was really surprised that a dwarf would live to that age.

Billy Barty lived to his mid 70s, and Angelo Rossito (the "Master" part of the Master Blaster) made it to 83.

Comical Billy Barty reference:

While the program is relatively obscure outside of Southern California, it is known for the court case that followed the following year. In 1990, Barty was sued in small claims court by two of the writers of Short Ribbs, producer and writer William Winckler, and writer Warren Taylor. Winckler and Taylor filed separate lawsuits against Barty for money owed, and Barty lost both cases.