Today I learned...

SpursRiot2012

In a few days Sweden play Denmark. The scoreboard will look like this:

SWE - DEN

The remaining letters spell

DEN - MARK

Spooky.

Yeah it happens quite a lot. Sorry to spoil the fun, Scratch.

Poland vs. Andorra

Bhutan vs. Tanzania

Persia vs. Siam

Cyprus VS. Russia

Jersey vs Seychelles

You just need a 6-letter team, and for the last 3 letters of the home team to be the first 3 letters of the away team.

Edited by Undefeated Steak

Can happen fairly regularly with the European sides but due to the size of UEFA there are a lot of potential combinations so it's not an every week occurrence but comes up every now and then. The Pol-And happened a couple of weeks ago at U17 level for example.

Edited by lanky316

• Paid Members

If you're on Chrome, Firefox or Safari I can recommend http://www.fbpurity.com/. It's a browser extension which lets you filter out certain types of update (fuck you, Candy Crush), permanently have your newsfeed in chronological order, hide certain sections on the page and several other useful bits. Main downside is that once you get used to it on your desktop, it makes using the Facebook app on a phone all the more horrendous.

• Paid Members

Today I learned that if you need to siphon petrol out of a small car like a Suzuki Alto, you need much longer length of tubing than you'd expect.

I also learned that petrol burns your lips, and that if your tube isn't all the way in (fnar), the fumes are every bit as unpleasant as the liquid.

So, to sum up:

Get someone else to do it.

In a few days Sweden play Denmark. The scoreboard will look like this:

SWE - DEN

The remaining letters spell

DEN - MARK

Spooky.

Yeah it happens quite a lot. Sorry to spoil the fun, Scratch.

Poland vs. Andorra

Bhutan vs. Tanzania

Persia vs. Siam

Cyprus VS. Russia

Jersey vs Seychelles

You just need a 6-letter team, and for the last 3 letters of the home team to be the first 3 letters of the away team.

None of them do the second part of what makes swe-den and den-mark special?

Today I learned that if you need to siphon petrol out of a small car like a Suzuki Alto, you need much longer length of tubing than you'd expect.

I also learned that petrol burns your lips, and that if your tube isn't all the way in (fnar), the fumes are every bit as unpleasant as the liquid.

So, to sum up:

Get someone else to do it.

I spent Christmas with someone who had to do Diesel and he spent the morning looking very ill then proceeded to be sick loudly for 20 mins.