The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

Your 2 options are:

Tell her, she'll finish with you initially due to the shock then slowly let you back in over the next few weeks as you cry and beg for another chance. While she'll maybe forgive you, she'll probably never forget and will bring it up sporadically as a stick to beat you with. Your wedding day will seem to have lost some of the magic as she's slightly more distant than you expected, probably as your kiss will be at the back of her mind. She'll get short tempered whenever you suggest you are going on a night out or for drinks, especially if it's through work. Over time you'll begin to worry that she might do the same to you and in turn, you won't like her going out. This will continue to eat at your relationship with neither of you truly trusting each other. Hopefully it never goes further than verbal arguments between the two of you. One day you'll find that all the arguments have pushed her into the arms of Mark at the office, who listens to her and gives her a shoulder to cry on. She'll eventually sleep with Mark and have a short 6 month affair with him until he finds someone else. The guilt will overcome her and she'll confess to you and hold up your kiss as an excuse. You'll never be able to forgive her and the two of you will slowly sail apart. Ending in divorce. She's female so will then find someone else a lot easier than you will which will mean you have to "settle" for someone that you don't truly love for your second marriage in 12 years time.

Alternatively, you could keep quiet and none of the above will happen.

Your 2 options are:

Tell her, she'll finish with you initially due to the shock then slowly let you back in over the next few weeks as you cry and beg for another chance. While she'll maybe forgive you, she'll probably never forget and will bring it up sporadically as a stick to beat you with. Your wedding day will seem to have lost some of the magic as she's slightly more distant than you expected, probably as your kiss will be at the back of her mind. She'll get short tempered whenever you suggest you are going on a night out or for drinks, especially if it's through work. Over time you'll begin to worry that she might do the same to you and in turn, you won't like her going out. This will continue to eat at your relationship with neither of you truly trusting each other. Hopefully it never goes further than verbal arguments between the two of you. One day you'll find that all the arguments have pushed her into the arms of Mark at the office, who listens to her and gives her a shoulder to cry on. She'll eventually sleep with Mark and have a short 6 month affair with him until he finds someone else. The guilt will overcome her and she'll confess to you and hold up your kiss as an excuse. You'll never be able to forgive her and the two of you will slowly sail apart. Ending in divorce. She's female so will then find someone else a lot easier than you will which will mean you have to "settle" for someone that you don't truly love for your second marriage in 12 years time.

Alternatively, you could keep quiet and none of the above will happen.

This post is amazing, on all levels.

Thoughts advice on this please...

It's been a while since I've met someone who makes you think about them all the time, a little while ago I did but didn't really know her - we work together.

Long story short, we got chatting as she seemed down one day, and she told me a few things that were getting her down, we chatted via Facebook about a sports place we would have a common interest in and she gave me her number.

We text on and off - quite a bit early on (this is over a two week period). She would often ask me if there's anyone I liked whicn initially I was blasé about.

In the lead up to the Xmas party she was saying she wanted to hang out with me, and what not - party came and she ignored me all night. I thought I'd just leave it ... Then she started being all friendly again, she again brought up people who I may or may not fancy and I just told her straight up that I liked her and would like to get to know her. Her reply was that was flattered. Nothing has really moved on from this, still friendly and the odd text - - not sure if I should just leave it or just ask her out... However, not sure I want to do that and be turned down when we work together.

She's quite inexperienced with dating having been with someone for a long time up until 2 years ago.

Next steps?!?