The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Hope you're doing ok @Matthew

Thanks bud.

Still haven't heard a thing from her. I messaged her Thursday evening, but she didn't even read it, whilst going on/off Whatsapp mutliple times after I sent the message. It was a simple check in, letting her know I'm here etc.

I've not tried to message her since then, nor really had an urge to. I had my first session with the therapist today, and it was a bit of a feel out session.

Still really gutted with the way things have gone, and heartbroken. Still wishing that every notification I get is here, but getting less and less likely.

So as an update on what seems like this trauma I’m going through, she messaged me last night. “Oi”, she opened the message with. I thought “okay, something light hearted, maybe this is going to go positively”.

”dad is annoyed at you”

I replied almost instantly with “erm, what?”

She didn’t read it, and didn’t acknowledge it.

I realised what had happened. Her brother has the same name as me.

”Back to ghosting me then. Lovely way to treat somebody you loved for 2yrs, called your best friend, and only a month ago was planning for the future”.

She is now blocked, to help make sure she doesn’t make that mistake in the future. 

• 1 month later...

So it’s been a while since any kind of update; mostly as there isn’t one. Therapy has been ongoing, and I’ve been able to think of things in different ways from my past, that may have contributed to the way I am in relationships.

Anyway, today, my ex viewed my Instagram story, from her alternate account, she rarely uses, and which doesn’t follow me. It’s the first time she has done in 2 months.

The only way she’d have come across my profile is by searching for it, but why would she have done it, and what does she gain, given she’s made it clear where she sees this now?

Yep, there is a little icon at the bottom left of the screen. Click on it and it tells you who has viewed your story.

@Matthew I echo what @SuperBaconsays and honestly, don't read much in to. She is probably just wondering what you are up to/have you moved on etc, it's probably more to do with her ego than you to be honest.