The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

...she again brought up people who I may or may not fancy and I just told her straight up that I liked her and would like to get to know her. Her reply was that was flattered. Nothing has really moved on from this, still friendly and the odd text - - not sure if I should just leave it or just ask her out... However, not sure I want to do that and be turned down when we work together.

If shes asking you about who you like in the office, did you ask her who shes likes? It sounds like one of those things people only ask you about, because they want then to be asked about it in return. If she says "Oh man I want to be railed by Dave from accounting", you know where you stand.

And also, maybe she thought you were joking? Like shes says "oh who do you like" and your response is "you", with you two being good friends, maybe she didn't take it seriously?

It could be yeah. Her reply was "really?" Then never expanded upon. Again lots of asking about a girl who she knows who has asked me out before (I wasn't interested in her) - she asks about her nearly every day around how much we speak and if she has texted me.

I dunno if it's just me but if I wasn't interested in someone I wouldn't ask that, unless it's to set me up with her.

• Paid Members

It could be yeah. Her reply was "really?" Then never expanded upon. Again lots of asking about a girl who she knows who has asked me out before (I wasn't interested in her) - she asks about her nearly every day around how much we speak and if she has texted me.

I dunno if it's just me but if I wasn't interested in someone I wouldn't ask that, unless it's to set me up with her.

Then take the bait and make a move! Ask her out for a drink. The worst she can say is no. It sounds like she’s doing everything but spelling it out for you.

• Moderators

She might just want you to go out with that other girl so she doesn't have to reject you outright and make things awkward.

Seems more likely to me from what you've said.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

It reads to me that she doesn't like you but is flattered that you like her. She's asking about the other girl just to boost her own ego.

Having just been through something similar, I'd say just back off. You can make excuses for her like "She's quite inexperienced with dating" but, if you let her treat you like a cunt then she'll just stop respecting you, and you'll end up pissed off and frustrated when she starts going out with someone else.

Just ask her if she wants to go for a drink, the two of you. If she says no then move on. You have nothing to lose really and a lot to gain. The fact she blanked you at a christmas party when is the ultimate time to get with someone doesnt bode to well. Obviously ask her over email or text though, it's a lot easier.

• Paid Members

Quality. What's the oldest you've pumped? In my rock n roll 18 year old days I went up the road with a 39 year old woman and learned things that will last me a lifetime.

Edited by Suplex Sinner