NJPW World

Sphinx

1 hour ago, Michael_3165 said:

WTF was that result in the final? Seriously!?

Theyā€™re pushing Ospreay to be a threat in the G1 Iā€™d assume, heā€™s been the best wrestler in the company for the past 6 months and heā€™s moving to Japan full time Ā so theyā€™re rewarding him with a big win, Shingo had to lose at some point, Ospreay was the only one you could see beating him.

Well for my first live njpw show I really enjoyed it.

mox juice match was a lot of fun. Iā€™ll freely admit it was Mox being added to their roster that finally swung decision to actually subscribe and give NJPWorld a try.

having only seen Osprey in WOS it wasĀ like watching a different person. AmazingĀ match.

felt todays showĀ was actually aĀ good jumping in point for a newbie like me.

Ā 

7 hours ago, JNLister said:

There's an HD and SD option on the video.

Much appreciated. Took the plunge on the 1st anyway and it's been working nicely on all my devices. Maybe navigation isn't its greatest strength, but I do like how they break downĀ cardsĀ by match. It means I can get through a few suggested highlight BOSJ matches and then start watching in earnest. I'm liking it so far.

Moxley againstĀ Juice was great and everything I hoped a Moxley match would be. I'd always imagined Moxley excelling at wild 1997 WWFĀ style brawl.Ā The gnarly punches and the headbutts,Ā figure four round the post, blade above the eye. Love it. RobisonĀ still looksĀ completelyĀ Performance Center boring but fair play to him for taking anĀ absoluteĀ beating in this match. Could have done without the dive from the ledge,Ā unnecessary shit in a brawl for my tastes, and they whiffed it anyway. Otherwise loved it.

DEATHRIDER!!Ā The finish was brilliant and nicely capped off a good semi-'break out' performance. I've always loved Moxley, and I enjoyed watching him without the handcuffs, and without that slightly gutted feeling I had watching him in WWE. It's should be a great year, seeing whatĀ guys like he and Jericho end up doing between New Japan and AEW have me more excited for wrestling than I've been years.

Ā 

• Paid Members

Fuck yeah Moxley. Thought he looked great in that environment and I loved all the new touches. Brilliant brawl. Echo what others have said in that Moxley vs. Suzuki is now a dream match.

Main event was unbelievable. Easy Match of the Year Candidate. Hoping both guys are in the G1. Ospreay's probably the most talented guy on the Planet right now. Shame he's such a bad bell-end.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I tuned in for the Ambrose match too. Good stuff despite Robinson being a bit shit. Enjoyed the feel of him being off the leash. Looked the business in his pants and hit some great stuff. Remembered him saying he was a Bret fan on the pods so when he started wrapping Juice's leg around the post, I knew he was going to bust out that figure four. Ace moment, as was him chucking Robinson around with that suplex bomb thing that made the previously quiet crowd gasp in awe.

Didn't enjoy the commentary much. Kelly's attempts to add a load of backstory throughout were shite. Give it up, mate. That Kiwi (?) fella who just yells all the time is seriously irritating too. That this was still loads ofĀ fun is to their credit.

Full card for Sundayā€™s Dominion has been announced

IWGP Heavyweight TitleĀ 

Kazuchika Okada(c) Vs Chris Jericho

IWGP Intercontinental Title

Kota Ibushi(c) Vs Tetsuya Naito

IWGP Jr Heavyweight TitleĀ 

Dragon Lee(c) Vs Will Ospreay

IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Titles

Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa(c) Vs Evil and Sanada

Never Openweight TitleĀ 

Taichi(c) Vs Tomohiro Ishii

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Taguchi and Juice Robinson Vs Jay White, Chase Owens and Taiji Ishimori

Yoshi Hashi and Jushin Thunder Liger Vs Zack Sabre Jr and Minoru Suzuki

Satoshi Kojima Vs Shingo Takagi

Jon Moxley Vs Shota Umino

The Show begins at 8am our time I believeĀ 

Edited by TildeGuy~!