NJPW World

Sphinx

8 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

On a side note I have just seen the line ups for the Australia shows... are these 'in partnership with' shows or supposed to be the genuine NJPW experience. Some of the matches look a bit ropy and just wondering if they were Rev-Pro-NJPW type events? Should make it a bit clearer if they are. 

It’s just New Japan come to Australia really, gives the Aussie lads some exposure while they’re at it.

3 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Maybe that is where I am going wrong. I try desperately to keep up with EVERY match that they put on NJPW-World because I don't want to miss anything important but I end up getting bored and/or over saturated or simply can't keep up. That is one thing that WWE has over NJPW - being able to watch a few hours a week and know exactly what is happening with who and why.

On a side note I have just seen the line ups for the Australia shows... are these 'in partnership with' shows or supposed to be the genuine NJPW experience. Some of the matches look a bit ropy and just wondering if they were Rev-Pro-NJPW type events? Should make it a bit clearer if they are. 

Ropy? They look like your general road to shows, really with big names in tag matches. However LIJ and Suzuki Gun are not on there. All matches are also new Japan vs new Japan, maybe a couple of names added in. To be honest if those shows were in London I would still go just to see the big names. 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

Ropy? They look like your general road to shows, really with big names in tag matches. However LIJ and Suzuki Gun are not on there. All matches are also new Japan vs new Japan, maybe a couple of names added in. To be honest if those shows were in London I would still go just to see the big names. 

Aaron Solow vs Slex? Michael Richards & Andrew Villalobos vs Stevie Filip & Tome Filip? Rocky Romero vs Tony Kozina? Jack Bonza vs Mick Moretti? Hardly NJ vs NJ now is it?

I wouldn't even call them 'Road To' shows. I'd say they're more in line with the first two London shows, in that they're working with local promotions. As for the cards themselves, I'd recommend watching the last half of the Melbourne show and the main event of the Sydney show.

Edited by Accident Prone

3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Aaron Solow vs Slex? Michael Richards & Andrew Villalobos vs Stevie Filip & Tome Filip? Rocky Romero vs Tony Kozina? Jack Bonza vs Mick Moretti? Hrady NJ vs NJ now is it?

I wouldn't even call them 'Road To' shows. I'd say they're more in line with the first two London shows, in that they're working with local promotions. As for the cards themselves, I'd recommend watching the last half of the Melbourne show and the main event of the Sydney show.

Precisely. I am not being unreasonable. Who are half of these guys? If I were Australian and could see these local lads on their normal promotions I would be a tad pissed paying upward of $150 for a ticket. Its not like they are even getting HASHI vs Narita or something like that, they get locals paired with NJPW talent at best and straight Aus/Aus at worst. 

I am a huge fan of the NJPW product but I refuse to sugar coat when they aren't giving fans what they paid for. 

The main events aren't too bad and are more in line with 'Road To' shows but the rest is the drizzling shits. Hey, I'm not in Australia so doesn't affect me but I think its not on for the fans that did get tickets to Sydney.

The Sydney show is the shits. If I paid money for that I’d be even more pissed than having paid for the Melbourne show last year.

That show was so poor I left right after intermission when I found out  I was getting an all Aussie tag match on a bloody NJPW show. It was far from the statement of intent NJPW should have been making on their big show in a potential big market.

To be fair, the second half of this upcoming Melbourne show should be good. Ultimately though, these shows are relatively last minute and it shows all over. Obviously there are booking commitments and expenses, but if you are going to use the aussies use them to sell tickets and build your local market.

Slex is great and the current MCW champion. He just had a relative amount of press and radio pub. He also tore the house down with Okada previously. Why not put the MCW v IWGP champ? Garners interest, sells tickets and Slex loses nothing putting Okada over, only bolsters his reputation. 

At the end of the day Gedo did book both of these shows. That said, I know enough of the voices in ears to say that I think more people could be stepping up and saying how about we do this, or that? Festival hall isn’t sold out, and I’d be surprised if it does. In this case I think it is for a lack of trying.

Only thing I would change is giving Ishii the belt. Its a crime if he never holds that. I'd like to see a bit more possibility of upwards momentum of some mid card guys. On the whole the booking is tremendous band I was terrified when I heard the rumor he was stepping down as booker.

G1 Blocks have been announced!

A Block: Kazuchika Okada, Zack Sabre Jr, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kota Ibushi, Evil, Sanada, Bad Luck Fale, Lance Archer, Will Ospreay, Kenta

B Block: Tetsuya Naito, Tomohiro Ishii, Juice Robinson, Toru Yano, Hirooki Goto, Jay White, Jeff Cobb, Shingo Takagi, Taichi, Jon Moxley

No Suzuki!???

D9LXbvXUwAUlhWt?format=jpg&name=large

D9LXdbHUcAAakPq?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by TildeGuy~!

20 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Aaron Solow vs Slex? Michael Richards & Andrew Villalobos vs Stevie Filip & Tome Filip? Rocky Romero vs Tony Kozina? Jack Bonza vs Mick Moretti? Hardly NJ vs NJ now is it?

I hadn't seen those matches I went on the ne Japan aussie Facebook it showed about 6 matches per show being Chaos vs Bullet club.