NJPW World

Sphinx

Just caught the IWGP Junior Tag Title Match SHO/YOH vs Phantasmo and Ishimori. 

WTF was Phantasmo thinking with the botched title shot spot? If you can't get something like that right you shouldn't be in there. Really took me away from the rest of the match. Just the shits. Shame because I love RP3K normally.

31 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Just caught the IWGP Junior Tag Title Match SHO/YOH vs Phantasmo and Ishimori. 

WTF was Phantasmo thinking with the botched title shot spot? If you can't get something like that right you shouldn't be in there. Really took me away from the rest of the match. Just the shits. Shame because I love RP3K normally.

What botch was this??

• Awards Moderator

Being on a WWE downer I decided to watch Dominion. I haven't watched NJPW in well over a decade, probably closer to 15 years though I read the headlines to know the main people superficially. I skipped to Moxley / Umino, Ospreay / Lee, Naito / Ibushi, Jericho / Okada.

I enjoyed all of it tremendously, apart from Jericho clowning around but I've never been a fan of his in-ring work. I was so impressed by Ospreay. I first saw him working for his mum and dad's promotion in Rainham in 2015 and he stood out a million miles above everyone else. So crisp, so fluid, and has a spark that makes you want to see him win.

He's still got it, and added a superstar aura. It's flippy floppy work, but talents like him and Ricochet have moved it on from the early 2000s 'spot monkey' type, weaving a narrative to move the match at such a speed. It's like a trumping logic, that the bar needs to keep moving up during a match to get the win. 

I enjoyed the show and would like to catch some G1. @Accident Prone your potted summaries have been really handy to get me up to speed, if you have a suggested watch list for the G1 I'd appreciate it. 

They’ve announced all the matches for the G1 now, going off previous tournaments and the final matches of blocks usually having the top 2 involved, you’ve got Kota Ibushi Vs Kazuchika Okada and Tetsuya Naito Vs Jay White, so naturally one of those 4 will be winning the G1

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:09 PM, TildeGuy~! said:

What botch was this??

The issue where Phantasmo went for the pin, got thrown the belt as Ishimori had hold of the referee. Issues with who was the legal guy etc. It was a mess. 

I caught the main event 10 man tag from this morning... I really enjoyed that! Not an epic but definitely booked perfectly with the build for HASHI vs Sabre and Lance Archer looking like a beast. 

Edited by Michael_3165
additional info re: kizuna

• Paid Members
On 6/17/2019 at 8:21 AM, Onyx2 said:

I enjoyed the show and would like to catch some G1. @Accident Prone your potted summaries have been really handy to get me up to speed, if you have a suggested watch list for the G1 I'd appreciate it. 

I'll be having a look this morning so I'll be sure to post them here. As Andy Williams once sang; it's the most wonderful time of the year!

You'll absolutely want to watch all of the entire first day though. You've got;

- Tanahashi vs Okada for the first time in the USA.

- Ibushi vs KENTA in their first ever singles match.

-ZSJ vs SANADA in a rematch from their incredible G1 match last year. 

- Ospreay vs Archer in a rematch from this year's New Japan Cup, where Lance had his best match ever.

Plus EVIL vs Fale, which will probably be Fale's best match of the year, and the rest of the B Block in tag matches that will set up the feuds for Day 2.

Edited by Accident Prone

Is it possible to buy New Japan tickets outside the country? 

I land early morning on the 18th July, just in time for their 3-night stint at Korakuen Hall. I want to guarantee that i make it to at least one night.

Edited by forestblue

• Paid Members

All the matches have been uploaded to the New Japan schedule , so here's my viewing priorities for the entire G1;

Each show has five singles matches per day so, depending on time, there are some shows where I might just watch all the tournament matches. You'll also notice that I'm watching all of Yano's matches as he is such a joy to watch.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

I'm super interested in seeing what KENTA has left. Weren't there reports that he had a couple of belters on 205 Live, only no fucker was watching?

I learnt the hard way last year to skip all the tag matches in the G1. I can't imagine being able to keep up with it if you don't.

Does anyone do any type of wall chart? I'm such a loser I'd love to print out a little wall chart similar to when the footie World Cup is on.

Edited by Supremo

9 hours ago, Supremo said:

I'm super interested in seeing what KENTA has left. Weren't there reports that he had a couple of belters on 205 Live, only no fucker was watching?

I learnt the hard way last year to skip all the tag matches in the G1. I can't imagine being able to keep up with it if you don't.

Does anyone do any type of wall chart? I'm such a loser I'd love to print out a little wall chart similar to when the footie World Cup is on.

Not a wall chart but each year I make an Excel spreadsheet with all the matches, which auto-updates the standings and eventually fills out the final. Which I think makes me even more of a loser. It's here if anyone cares - https://we.tl/t-DjMns2wQv2

Edited by SiWri

I now can’t make royal quest, have a lower bowl ticket for sale,block 111 row 5.  was 60 new , but will to take a reasonable offer of anyone’s interested, just fire me a DM