NJPW World

Sphinx

7 hours ago, kidzero said:

Did he I've only really seen he's stuff form the mid 00's apart from  his wwe run

Yep was given blessing by WWE to work there for Marufuji's anniversary show. It's a decent match worth watching especially if you know their history.

It was interesting because they announced him as "Hideo Itami", not "Itami Hideo", therefore not acknowledging it as a real name.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Anyone else get a young HHH vibe from Jay White? Never noticed until today. 

Only in as much as he's pushed far too much, far too quickly.

Night One of the G1 was brilliant fun. Every match delivered and although they didn't have a packed house the fans that were there were fantastic all night.

In the space of about three minutes they made Ishii vs. Kobb one of my most anticipated matches of the year. I can't wait for next Saturday!

KENTA looked good. I hope he continues to improve once he loses some of the ring rust.

Will Ospreay gave Lance Archer the best match of his career by miles. Such a fun match, Seth Rollins needs to watch this and his match with Baron Corbin from Stomping Grounds back to back. It's a completely different league.

Cracking main event, too.

Take note, AEW. This is how it's done.

Ospreay was class once again, enjoyed ZSJ/Sanada too.

Hated Kenta/Ibushi though, it was just a 20 minute kick fest. 

Juice Robinson playing the trying to get sued for sexual harassment gimmick for a while now. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

16 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Ospreay was class once again, enjoyed ZSJ/Sanada too.

Hated Kenta/Ibushi though, it was just a 20 minute kick fest. 

I agree.

All the tag matches were ok - nothing stood out apart from the Cobb / Ishii confrontation. I went to bed after Kenya/Ibushi so need to watch Tana v Okada, but Ospreay v Archer was superb and ZSJ v Sanada was great also.

Overall, a pretty good show (may up my view after watching the main event).

Edited by MPDTT

6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

First time watching this properly. Are there tags and singles every show? I skipped the tags on this as there wasn't much i was bothered about. Plus if each show is this long I don't know how I'll fit it into my life.

Every G1 Show will have tag matches prior to the Singles matches, yes. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, every G1 show has tag previews for the other block, so when the A block guys are having their singles matches the B block guys will have tag matches on the undercard and vice versa. My biggest tip for keeping up is to skip the tag matches.

1 minute ago, Supremo said:

Yeah, every G1 show has tag previews for the other block, so when the A block guys are having their singles matches the B block guys will have tag matches on the undercard and vice versa. My biggest tip for keeping up is to skip the tag matches.

Good idea. This the first G1 I'm aiming to watch from start to finish too.

On 2/8/2018 at 4:33 PM, JNLister said:

Just noticed that if you use Google Calendar you can add the NJPW World broadcast schedule to it and have it automatically update. It's at the very bottom of the page at https://njpwworld.com/feature/schedule#googtrans(en) and you just click the + sign by "Google Calendar". It even adjusts it to UK time.

image.thumb.png.7d058333ffa441bd90db95fe868dcdb6.png

Just searched Google for exactly this and it brought be back to the UKFF. Very useful for the G1. Thanks @JNLister

• Paid Members

My first G1.

Skipped the tags.

Opener was MOTN for me, and I wouldn't agree Ospreay carried Archer either. Archer played the big man fantastic, and Ospreay bumped like a nutter for him but both played their parts perfectly. 

Bad Luck vs EVIL was OK but until the end stretch it felt like two average midcarders from Raw 1998. Like Mideon vs Kurrgan or something. Nothing bad, just there.

I skipped most of ZSJ vs Sanada. Sanada looks ace and I'm looking forward to him vs others, but ZSJ's "Rodney Trotter bending people's fingers" style just isn't for me. I've not seen much of him before and this didn't encourage me more. Lanky streak of piss.

KENTA vs Ibushi was decent. Ibushi's selling was second to none and KENTA looks like he can do well in NJPW. 

By the time Okada vs Tanahashi came along I was too burned out. They got the Rock vs Hogan reaction at the start, but I knew it was going to go nearly the time limit and just couldn't be arsed. Seemed good from what I caught but this event was heading on 4 hours with massive breaks between every match, and when you know nothing about anyone on the card just having match after match after match really took a toll. Will probably catch this one later tonight properly.

Night 1 thoughts...

LOVED Ospreay vs Archer. I think Archer is one of the best big men in the business and I have never been a fan until last night. The result was the right one. I thought the tease count out spot was beautiful. Super good! ****1/4 for me

Kenta vs Ibushi was fine though as other people said it was kick, slap heavy. Kenta has lost a step I feel and this wasn't half as good as I thought it could be. Never really kicked into gear. The question is, if you take away Kenta's strikes what are you left with? There was little fire and sloppy in places. The crowd chanted for Red Shoes half way through, really?  I gave it ***1/2.

Okada vs Tanahashi was good. Nothing 'new' and you can see Tanahashi slowing down as he is getting older. ****1/4.

I love ZSJ's style and SANADA can really bring it. Both were a step slow and I preferred their other outings more. SANADA is hugely underrated as a talent and is one to watch in five years. 

EVIL was lumbered with the shit-fest that is Fale. I don't see why they keep putting him in the G1, he adds little to the proceedings. 

All in all a good showing with two great little matches, two decent and one stinker. The tags were fine but the Tonga/Loa vs RP3K was a bit short. I got all of my prediction correct. 

Edited by Michael_3165

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

Only in as much as he's pushed far too much, far too quickly.

Night One of the G1 was brilliant fun. Every match delivered and although they didn't have a packed house the fans that were there were fantastic all night.

In the space of about three minutes they made Ishii vs. Kobb one of my most anticipated matches of the year. I can't wait for next Saturday!

KENTA looked good. I hope he continues to improve once he loses some of the ring rust.

Will Ospreay gave Lance Archer the best match of his career by miles. Such a fun match, Seth Rollins needs to watch this and his match with Baron Corbin from Stomping Grounds back to back. It's a completely different league.

Cracking main event, too.

Take note, AEW. This is how it's done.

I was thinking more look and body language. He holds himself really well though I agree not ready.