NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

Ishii needs to win the block one of these years, just as a thank you from the office and a thank you to the fans for constantly supporting him.

Personally, I fucking love Ishii, and just like Ibushi, he should be a multiple time world champ at this point. I've got my hopes on them two being the G1 final this year (like I do every year for both of them) so I'm ready to have my heart broke again because that'll never happen.

When was the last time an underdog got into the final? Anderson in 2012? Was Omega considered an underdog when he won in 2016?

I just can’t get into ishii at all. I know I’m in the minority, but the stone pit bull no expressions style does nothing for me. 

17 hours ago, KingofSports said:

He's been like that for the past 7 or so G1 tournaments, win or lose. 2013 was probably his most insane year, overall.

17 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Ishii is known as the G1 MVP and Spoiler

Lads, this is why I said GOAT.

Official that Ospreay and Ibushi is going ahead. Lot of delicious matches spread across Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Ishii's everything Misawa was hyped to me as, with the added bonus that he doesn't look like he's in agony all the time.

It's in recent years that he's really started to shine to me. He's a stocky lil bastard, but you can see from his compression sleeve how much mass he's lost. So he's got the rep, but clearly time is getting on, but he's playing into it. It feels like he's getting rocked more in the strike-offs, then he has awesome rallies like that forearm spot with Cobb that shows he's rolling with it, getting smart. It's the kind of transformation I don't see in American wrestling, where in-ring character change doesn't seem to extend beyond new moves.

Who do RevPro book in tag teams nowadays, excluding the signed NJPW talent? Last time I watched/went, CCK still existed, they had access to Moustache Mountain etc. No idea who's left. Can only imagine it'll end up being Aussie Open

What else is confirmed  for that show? Announcements for it have been quiet from what I've seen.

I think I heard Ibushi, Okada, Naito & Tanahashi will appear. Any word on Jushin Liger? I paid for a ticket pretty much exclusively because I want to see Liger one last time.

Edited by sj5522

22 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

Who do RevPro book in tag teams nowadays, excluding the signed NJPW talent? Last time I watched/went, CCK still existed, they had access to Moustache Mountain etc. No idea who's left. Can only imagine it'll end up being Aussie Open

They’ve announced Dan Maloney and MK McKinnan Vs Carlos Romo and A Kid as the first quarter final match.

Josh Bodom and Sha Samuels are the current Rev Pro Tag Champs so they’ll be in the tournament too

I’m sure Liger will be on the show as he’s trying to Wrestle in as many countries as possible before retiring, Ishii, all of LIJ and Suzuki will be announced soon probably as they’re over here wrestling with RevPro quite often also not forgetting Ospreay and a ZSJ title defence.

Royal Quest match ups will probably take shape during the G1 with champions defending against people they lost to in their blocks and maybe even a G1 briefcase defence.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Rev Pro have announced a Tag Team tournament to be held theough August, with the winners getting a shot at the IWGP Tag Team Championship at Royal Quest

Rev Pro need to keep as far away from this as possible. After the farcical booking of the MK show last year you would have thought NJPW would have avoided any connection with Rev Pro in the promotion of this show. Why use Rev Pro guys in an IWGP Tag Title Match when we could have an authentic NJPW vs NJPW match? I am keeping optimistic but they need to stop. If I want to see Rev Pro guys I will buy a ticket to one of their shows. 

2 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

Rev Pro need to keep as far away from this as possible. After the farcical booking of the MK show last year you would have thought NJPW would have avoided any connection with Rev Pro in the promotion of this show. Why use Rev Pro guys in an IWGP Tag Title Match when we could have an authentic NJPW vs NJPW match? I am keeping optimistic but they need to stop. If I want to see Rev Pro guys I will buy a ticket to one of their shows. 

I don't mind a few rpw guys in matches but need to be out of title matches. I just can't think of an rpw team that could even convince me of them having a chance of winning. 

They need to have big names in singles matches, their mk show last year didn't have that, although the Altrincham show had a couple. 

If I need to watch Sha Samuels at this show I am going to fucking snap bro.

I was expecting Okada/Sabre for this Royal Quest show but seems unlikely now after their G1 meeting. Maybe Ospreay upsets Okada on Saturday and gets a title shot in London so long as he doesn't destroy himself before then.