NJPW World

Sphinx

Moxley passed his biggest test yet getting a decent match out of Naito. First 10-12 minutes was typical Naito bunch of nothing but it picked up when they were laying into each other. The character stuff is a matter of taste - I thought Moxley came off as an idiot - but it added a cool dimension to the match. Never thought Mox would be pushed this strong but I'm enjoying it. I hope he keeps that look and entrance for AEW, it's class. 

Shingo/White did nothing for me. Shingo's had a good tournament but couldn't elevate the vanilla Jay White.

KENTA's looked okay to decent. He doesn't look ready for the IWGP Heavyweight title match they were teasing but he and Okada had a good block match. Didn't like the handshake at the end, KENTA looks more comfortable as a full-on, stiffing, cock heel.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

I'm miles behind but Lance Archer has been an absolute revelation in this tournament. Never in a million years did I ever think I'd say this but one of the main reasons I now want AEW and New Japan to develop a working relationship is so that Lance Archer can go to AEW. He's the perfect big man to mix it up with all the talented smaller guys.

Another great night.

I thought Cobb had been pretty boring and one-dimensional this tournament, but Shingo got a great showing out of him. He must be one of the most versatile wrestlers going. He can't seem to have a bad match with anyone. Can't wait for him vs Naito.

Mox vs Yano was great, if not a little obvious. I'm more and more inclined now that Moxley reaches the finals. I can see him dropping falls to Juice and White, but Goto? Eh.

Thought Juice vs Naito was okay. Lost quite a bit with the result never being in question.

TAICHI has had a great G1. This was a great change of pace, with both men having no reservations about taking any shortcut to try and get the win. I'm always quite the high man here on White, and this was no exception. He looked really crisp. 

I enjoyed Goto vs Ishii, and have no reservations with Goto picking up some points. A great hoss fight to cap off a really varied night of wrestling.

2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Cheers for the heads up. I enjoyed that. Didn't go very long which was a bit of a shame but I enjoyed the silliness.

Moxley is wonderful.

I feel like any more of that and it might have outstayed it's welcome. 

Mox really feels like the perfect sum of his parts right now. His first night in the tournament he looked a bit cartoonist, but since then, I don't know if he's settled it down or if I'm used to it, but he looks so much better than he has since the Shield broke up.