NJPW World

Sphinx

24 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Am I the only one thy loves White? He is super good as heel. 

I like him too, I think he’s more suited to a WWE style though.

Zack Sabre Jr Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi for the Rev Pro British Heavyweight Title is the first match announced for Royal Quest.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

They would be mad to run Okada/SANADA in the UK. He's a star in Japan, whereas the reaction to him over here is much more hot and cold. A headline of Ibushi/Ospreay III and ZSJ/Tanahashi on top sounds the business. Wonder if they'd have Scurll do anything. It's been ages since his last UK match as far as I known, and his inclusion in the BOSJ suggests there's still some form of relationship.

3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I like him too, I think he’s more suited to a WWE style though.

Zack Sabre Jr Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi for the Rev Pro British Heavyweight Title is the first match announced for Royal Quest.

Any more Rev Pro matches on this card it'll go down like a turd at a bake sale. That said loving this match. Just won't know the tag guys vs God. 

I could watch Taichi wrestle Ishii all day, they have great chemistry together, loved the Budokan being 100% behind him because he wasn’t cheating for once.

I love how into the shows the crowd have been too, after watching Takeover and currently watching the Summerslam preshow it’s great to see a crowd actually react and sound happy to actually be there.

Jay White......I get what they're going for, I really do. He's a proper heel and gets great heat. If Ibushi wins today its the first step in the build to him finally being pushed to the top and main eventing the biggest show of the year. And he's exactly the person NJ should be giving that push to. Giving him a hated heel to beat is absolute booking 101. it's just......

I can't help but be deflated by yesterdays outcome. It doesn't help that todays card is rough as. I've been to many a G1 final and I'm just about to head to Budoken now but this must be the least excited I've ever been for finals day. And I can only conclude it's because I have to watch a Jay White main event.

I've come to accept the fate of Tetsuya Naito. He's never getting the main spot. He may get another WK main event (well almost certainly if they continue to run it for 2 nights) but he's never going to be pushed to the Okada/Tana/Omega level. I don't blame him for half-arsing most of the tournament. It's exactly what Shinsuke did when he was made perennial IC champ/B show main eventer. Naito remains the most over guy on the shows, but I don't think he'll ever recapture the magic of his last G1 win and run to the WK main event and he's probably peaked.

Overall its been a decent tournament. Moxley, Shingo and even little KENTA have fit right in. Ishii, Shingo and Ospreay have often stole the show. It's lacked a certain bit of magic though. (like Tana's old man run to the final last year). And as good as Ibushi winning would be, tonight has no chance of providing us with a MOTT

21 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Boom.

Collect your prize.

Absolutely loved the final, the drama in that. Could’ve done without Gedo coming back out but it was minimal. All the Jay White shithousery for Ibushi to win made it all the sweeter.

The KENTA/Bullet Club/Shibata stuff was so brilliantly done. That shot of KENTA in the Shibata pose on top of the man himself was so good. Makes a lot of sense to put KENTA in that position. There’s a lot of chat already with the physicality that Shibata was in that he could be cleared. I know it’s rumbled forever that he’s coming back so who knows, but KENTA vs Shibata at the dome would be huge.

I’m all in for Okada/Suzuki and ZSJ/Tana headlining Royal Quest as well. Can’t wait.

I truly did not expect Ishii and Taichi to be one of the blowaway matches of the tournament. Those guys have amazing chemistry together and had Budokan going mental. Would love to see Dangerous T side of Taichi come out more often.

Hard to call this G1 anything but an enormous success. Delivered on all levels from elevating various guys, setting up future programs, ticket sales and match quality. I'm gutted its over!

Loved Ibushi/White but absolutely hated the usage of Shibata. I genuinely never want to see him competing in a wrestling ring again.

Exceptional tournament. Would say my MVP's were Shingo, Ospreay and Ishii. Moxley was a brilliant surprise, Okada was amazing as per usual. Naito's transition into the Nakamura role is complete.

All in for Suzuki/Okada. Makes perfect sense that Suzuki is able to beat him as well. Okada's just gone through a gruelling G1, Suzuki's been fannying around with undercard tags. Not sure why I'm seeing people elsewhere whinge about Okada dropping a pin.

That Kenta/Shibata angle was an absolute heat seeker! I got goosebumps when Shibata whipped his top off and started going to town on everyone and the crowd was going mental. Kenta going full blown heel is the perfect fit considering how he's been received by the fans thus far. Say what you want about Kenta's G1 but this angle alone makes bringing him in 1000% worth it.

If Shibata is indeed healthy enough to wrestle, even if it's just a one-off, then NJPW has a money match on their hands with this one.