NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

Great show today, top-to-bottom. Ibushi almost died, Moxley was great, Kenta debuted and Ospreay/Lee had a wonderful match. Nothing bad on the undercard either, apart from Tanahashi looking less than stellar and the Tongans being their usual shite selves. Not MOTYCs but the show went along nicely.

I spent years when the shield coming in wondering why such a big deal had been made about Ambrose, all this chat on his personality and I never really seen it. A few weeks as Jon Mosley again, and it’s dripping off him in everything he’s doing. Just the charisma and improv on things like this , brilliant 

https://youtu.be/NL1-mg00s1c

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Louch said:

I spent years when the shield coming in wondering why such a big deal had been made about Ambrose, all this chat on his personality and I never really seen it. A few weeks as Jon Mosley again, and it’s dripping off him in everything he’s doing. Just the charisma and improv on things like this , brilliant 

https://youtu.be/NL1-mg00s1c

maxresdefault.jpg

Not much to shout about for the Kizuna Road and Aussie tour shows, here’s a pick of the matches.

Sunday June 16th

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Tag Team Titles

Sho and Yoh(c) Vs El Phantasmo and Taiji Ishimori

Monday June 17th

NeverOpen Weight 6 Man Tag Team Titles

Taguchi, Toru Yano and Togi Makabe(c) Vs El Phantasmo, Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi 

Tuesday 25th June

Rev Pro British Cruiserweight Title Match

El Phantasmo(c) Vs Taguchi

Rev Pro British Heavyweight Title Match

Zack Sabre Jr(c) Vs Yoshi Hashi

Saturday June 29th

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title Match

Will Ospreay(c) Vs Robbie Eagles

The G1 then begins on Saturday July 6th in Texas.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Happy to see the YOSHI-HASHI title defence on Kizuna Road instead of at Royal Quest. I'd LOVE to see Sabre rematch with SANADA at Royal Quest, as they had a tremendous match at last year's G1 that went way under the radar.

I reckon the winner of Super J will face the Jr Champ at Royal Quest too. So I'm hoping for Bandido vs Ospreay III.

Edited by Accident Prone

Caught up with Dominion. Thought it was excellent, but nowhere near the level of last year (which was always going to be a challenge to be fair).

Loved everything with Moxley and Umino. Moxley carries himself like a star and it's great to see this new lease of life he's got with his current direction. The post-match interview stuff was good as well, they've given him a lot to work with going into the G1. Shingo vs Koji was a great match, a perfect segue into the heavyweight division for Shingo and a great example of how to use a veteran like Kojima to put Shingo through his paces, but eventually end up taking the three count. Liger vs Suzuki is great, but needs to happen soon. Sabre vs YOSHI is bad, and shouldn't happen ever. YOSHI is so bad. At least it isn't going to be wasting ZSJ at Royal Quest. 

Ishimori needs some time off. He looks knackered, and feels like a real afterthought after his win at Wrestle Kingdom. Suppose that's what happens when you have a Junior division as stacked as the one New Japan currently boast. Ishii and TAICHI continuing to have great chemistry is delightful, TAICHI has more than earned the G1 spot I'm convinced he'll get. Feels like he's really found his footing in the last couple of years with the singles opportunities they're giving him. Didn't watch GoD vs LIJ. Ospreay vs Dragon Lee was a step below the BOSJ finals, but still incredible. Ospreay is on an absolute tear this year. You'd struggle to find a match he's had below *** 1/2 at the very least. It feels like with all his big matches this year it just starts off at **** and then goes from there. 

Naito/Ibushi didn't hit the spot by the end. Meltzer loves banging on about being taken out of HBK/Undertaker with the dangerous spot of Taker's dive, and I was completely able to relate to that after seeing Ibushi's head twat the apron like it did. It got to the point where I just wanted them to wrap it up. I can take head bumps and guys trying to spike themselves, but not to the extent and continuation that these two lads did. I knew a good match was happening in front of my eyes, I just wanted it to be finished.

Okada/Jericho was...interesting. I appreciate Jericho's efforts but his matches aren't too intriguing without the plunder stuff we saw against Naito/Omega, which meant this suffered as a result. I think he's running the risk of over-exposing himself in New Japan at the moment. I think even Wrestle Kingdom against Tanahashi (presumably) is too early for him to show back up again. He's going to lessen and lessen his value if he keeps showing up. That said, I enjoyed the different pacing and work to the majority of IWGP Championship matches, and Okada could get a good match out of me, so it's not like it was a bad match, just sloppy at times, and not up to the usual standards of big-time New Japan main events.

7 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Happy to see the YOSHI-HASHI title defence on Kizuna Road instead of at Royal Quest. I'd LOVE to see Sabre rematch with SANADA at Royal Quest, as they had a tremendous match at last year's G1 that went way under the radar.

It's actually happening in Manchester on June 29th.

Hi All,

I have decided to attend the G1 finals this year. If anyone could help me as to how to actually purchase tickets from abroad (umm.. as in not Japan) I will love them forever. Please help if you can! Im looking for tckets for the final 3 nights (and the osaka shows but they are less urgent). So, any help would be incredibly appreciated!

Edited by Cheapheat
stupidity