NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

It’s a shame Ospreay is such a twat because he’s been putting on amazing performances in every match of this tournament.

Rocky Romero/El Phantasmo is definitely the highlight of this years BOSJ for me.

Everyone is going nuts for Rocky's performances this year but he is instant turn-off material for me. Fair play to the lad but he's not for me.

After a rough start, Bandido and Dragon Lee are having bangers. The Ospreay/Bandido - Shingo/Lee two-punch combo was incredible.

56 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Moxley being on the UK tour over here would be a huge win for the UK fans but I have a suspicion they won't bring him over in August. 

One thing I noticed was "All Out" is scheduled for August 31st the same day as Royal Quest at the Copper Box

So any crossovet talent obviously can't work both shows.

I'd assume Moxley is more likely to be at All out sadly

• Paid Members

Tony Khan in his post-show press scrum said Moxley is with them full-time but is allowed to do independants and internationals during downtime. One of their biggest shows of the year won't be considered downtime. Moxley will be at All Out.

Still though. I wonder if Vince now regrets giving Moxley that weird, positive goodbye from the company. I doubt he expected him to immediately sign for AEW and New Japan.

Does anyone have a list of the best matches in the Junior Tournament thus far? There’s no way I can catch up or follow watching the whole shows.

Edited by Supremo

Here's a question for current/former subscribers to NJPW World: when you stream their video, do you have an option for the quality you want it at (like YouTube) or is it automatic and unchangeable (like WWE Network)? I'm thinking of signing up, but my old laptop doesn't deal brilliantly with HD streams, so it would affect how much use I'd be able to get out of it. It'd be good to know in advance if I'm going to sign up on the 1st. Cheers.

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Does anyone have a list of the best matches in the Junior Tournament thus far? There’s no way I can catch up or follow watching the whole shows.

Sho Vs Shingo

Ospreay Vs Romero

Ospreay Vs Yoh

Scurll Vs Shingo

Ospreay Vs El Phantasmo

Ospreay Vs Bandido

Ospreay Vs Narita

Scurll Vs Kanemaru

Dragon Lee Vs Titan

Romero Vs El Phantasmo

Ospreay Vs Eagles

I know it’s Ospreay heavy but he really has been playing a blinder in this tournament

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Supremo said:

To add to Tilde's list,  Shingo vs Lee is a certified banger. Along with SHO vs Shingo, Bandido vs Ospreay, Ospeay vs YOH and Gresham vs Titan, that's my five recommended matches.

Agree with the above mentions but I'd also shout out Eagles vs. Romero and Eagles vs. Phantasmo. Those matches also tell the story of Robbie Eagles struggling with himself and his Bullet Club affiliation, which is a big factor in the Eagles vs. Ospreay match. Robbie's a real babyface at heart and is trying to do things by the book.

I'm just really happy a guy I saw 5 years ago in front of maybe 50 people in a bowling club, has progressed so far and doing so well. I'm a massive Robbie Eagles fan.

Final A Block Standings

Shingo Takagi 18 - Winner

Taiji Ishimori 14

Dragon Lee 14

Sho 10

Marty Scurll 10

Jonathan Gresham 8

Titan 6

Kanemaru 6

Tiger Mask 4

Taka Michinoku 0 

Final B Block Standings

Will Ospreay 14 - Winner

Taguchi 12

El Phantasmo 12

Bushi 12

Yoh 12

Bandido 10

Robbie Eagles 10

Rocky Romero 6

Douki 2 

Ren Narita 0

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Hope they go Shingo/Ospreay with Takagi going over. Shingo could be the man in that division before he moves up to heavyweight, but at 36 I'm not sure I'd hang around on getting him into that top bracket.  

Switchblade vs Tanahashi is such a weird piece of booking when you look at it in a kayfabe sense, especially from New Japan who 99% of the time book for a purpose.

No real stakes, very likely no title shot coming as a result with Jericho challenging at Dominion and then the G1 coming up, both guys could do with a win going into the G1 after defeats at MSG. Unless something happens during/at the end to set something up for Dominion, this just feels like it's been thrown together to help sell tickets. Which is fine, obviously, but out of character for New Japan.

Shingo and Moxley to win tomorrow. Could see both being in the G1 as well. Both of the wrestlers who completed a clean sweep of BOSJ (Liger, Devitt) went on to compete in that years G1, so here's hoping.