NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

What with Jericho facing Okada, (and Cobb losing the NEVER belt), more or less establishing even the slightest connection to AEW, I wouldn't mind if this new guy is Joey Janela. The aesthetics fit and even the cowboy boot motif is in his wheelhouse.

All of my predictions are proper "It's Sting, not Undertaker!" responses though, and should be largely ignored. The top predictions that I've seen from more respected voices are Oka (back from his UK excursion), David Finlay and Davey Boy Smith Jr.

• Paid Members

Oka under a new gimmick kinda makes sense, explains the flag. I guess Finlay could be logical too as he's Juice's former tag partner. I can't see it being a Chris Brookes or someone on that level, just given the production values, but who knows? I'm hoping for someone really leftfield. 

The best of Super Juniors blocks have been announced for Monday’s start.

A Block: Tiger Mask, Taka Michinoku, Titan, Kanemaru, Marty Scurll, Jonathan Gresham, Shingo Takagi, Sho, Taiji Ishimori and Dragon Lee

B Block: Rocky Romero, Robbie Eagles, Ren Narita, Douki, Bandido, El Phantasmo, Will Ospreay, Taguchi, Bushi and Yoh

Also Brody King debuts on this BOSJ tour

Future matches also announced for BOSJ Final and Dominion

BOSJ Final: June 5th.

A Block Final Winner Vs B Block Final Winner

Hiroshi Tanahashi Vs Switchblade Jay White

Dominion: June 9th

IWGP Heavyweight Title Match

Kazuchika Okada(c) Vs Chris Jericho

IWGP Intercontinental Title Match

Kota Ibushi(c) Vs Tetsuya Naito

Never Openweight Title Match

Taichi(c) Vs Tomohiro Ishii

IWGP Jr Heavyweight Title Match

Dragon Lee(c) Vs BOSJ Winner

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Looking at the blocks, you'd think Shingo is a lock for Block A (unless they ate holding him off for now, and they go for Ishimori, but Block B is a bit trickier. If they want to give El Phantasmo a major push I could see him getting the nod, Maybe Bandido or Ospreay if not?

• Paid Members

Solid looking blocks. Nicely balanced so I'm not favouring one show over another, and plenty of filler to skip so I'm not over-saturated.

Bit off topic, but I hope that Gino guy isn't brought back for English commentary. There's two things New Japan doesn't need; that's heel colour commentary and a four-man booth.

• Paid Members

Somewhere along the line, Jay White will be a great anti-hero babyface. For now though, he is stinking the joint up. His recent match with Goto is getting a bit of flack as it comes across as two indy kids reenacting their favourite puro sequences.

Love those BOSJ blocks. Two very different contrasts, they've done well to put the likes of Bandido/Ospreay/Phantasmo/Yoh together as is the choice to go with Gresham/Scurll/Taiji and the others. It's going to be a great tournament. I'll presume Ospreay puts Shingo over in the finals before he transitions into heavyweight by entering the G1 Climax.

Jericho/Okada, Ibushi/Naito and Ishii/TAICHI all announced for Dominion. If my prediction is correct then you've got Shingo/Lee as well. Four very strong matches right from the off there.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

El Desperado and Flip Gordon have been ruled out of BOSJ through injury and have been replaced with young lion Ren Narita and freelancer Douki

Despy is out due to injury, but Flip is out due to VISA issues. 

Despy's absence is a bit shit as he would've had some belters against BUSHI, Lee and Bandido. I will not be shedding any tears over Flip Gordon, however.

Edited by Accident Prone

On 5/10/2019 at 10:54 AM, TildeGuy~! said:

Is Ren Narita the one with that beautiful belly to belly suplex with a bridge? 

Yeah that's him it's a thing of beauty... I enjoyed the opening night of the Jr's shingo is my pick to win it

• Paid Members

Shingo vs SHO was really really fucking good. Scrull vs Gresham was fun as well. I've got big hopes for Gresham to make a brilliant impression during this tourney. I still hate that Superplex-cradle spot though.

Dragon Lee vs Ishimori was really off. It felt like a halfhearted rehash of their previous matches and barely got out of second gear. Really disappointing considering how great their last match was.

I was surprised Shingo/Sho didn’t go on last due to their rivalry during their JR Tag Feud considering every moment they have in the ring together is genuinely a highlight, when I read the block announcement I thought the Block would be between those two, shame they’ve put them together on the first night of the tournament. 

Sho is one of their most popular wrestlers so I don’t see him staying with Roppongi 3K for much longer.