NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members

The aesthetic, 'Death Riders', union jack patch, grunge/pseudo-biker look, the stylised knuckledusters....looks like the contenders are; Chris Brookes, Chris Ridgeway, Drew Parker or Mark Haskins.

There's always the possibly that it's a David Finlay return or one of the Dojo guys repackaged. Maybe even Spike Trivet.

My EWR booking would be Kid Lykos, whose arm injury and subsequent retirement is just a cover story for this debut. 

Can’t see it being any UK talent, it’s in an American bar, cowboy boots, the Union Flag patch more likely a connection to here than someone from here. Singles push for Davey Boy Smith Jr? 

3 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

Someone online suggested Oka may have finished his excursion, hence the UK flag on the jacket, but lord knows how to gimmick him around cowboy boots and taverns. 

He 'returned to Japan' in early March I think.
It was put across like his return home was unexpected as Rev Pro had announced him for matches for upcoming shows beyond that time [which you would imagine they would not do were they expecting him to return to Japan] and he has seemingly dropped off the radar since.

• Paid Members

The UK flag may also be there just as a bit of "punk" imagery. Seems unlikely, but I've seen Japanese hardcore bands wearing UK flag patches in amongst Clash/Sex Pistols type stuff. So could be a red herring.