NJPW World

Sphinx

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

In today's Observer, Meltzer notes that Ospreay has been announced, Ibushi is expected to be announced shortly, and that there's a good chance that Hiromu Takahashi will return on the show. Meltzer says they are looking at it as a major show with almost all the top stars scheduled.

Rev Pro announced on Twitter that Zack Sabre Jr is also scheduled for this show. 

30 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Is this year's new japan Cup any good.. Cancelled my sub In february... Apart Dominion in June and the best of the Jr's tournament.. Is it worth my while subbing now

I'm only up to Day 3, but I've enjoyed it so far. The larger blocks (gone up from 32 as opposed to 16) have made for some more interesting combinations and obviously means more value for money in terms of content. Both main events (Ishii/Nagata and Okada/Elgin) I've seen so far have been really good, and there's still stuff like Naito/Ibushi, Suzuki/Koji, Tana/Umino and ZSJ/EVIL. 

47 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Is this year's new japan Cup any good.. Cancelled my sub In february... Apart Dominion in June and the best of the Jr's tournament.. Is it worth my while subbing now

Just remember if you subscribe now, you will pay again on the 1st

• Paid Members

Glad to see useless trash Tachi gone, all they have to do now is fuck off YOSHI-HASHI and the rest of the tourney matches will be gravy.

Lance Archer entered in a career performance against Will Ospreay yesterday. Tons of fun and Archer put on a more entertaining offence than the impeccably dull Mikey Nichols (whom not even Okada could scrape an exciting match from).

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

I remember seeing Taichi for the first time during the BOSJ 2011 and thinking, "This guy will be really good in a few years". The matches weren't anything to write home about but I dug the gimmick somewhat.

I didn't see him again until this recent New Japan run and he's still the same bloody guy with the same bloody gimmick and the same plodding in-ring style. Your're meant to improve with time but Taichi clearly chose to stagnate instead.

• Paid Members

Public service announcement for anyone planning to go to Wrestle Kingdom: there seem to be a load of cheap flights for New Year that just came on sale. I got London to Tokyo return with a two hour layover in Paris for £439 return.

22 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Public service announcement for anyone planning to go to Wrestle Kingdom: there seem to be a load of cheap flights for New Year that just came on sale. I got London to Tokyo return with a two hour layover in Paris for £439 return.

Fuck me that's good value. I'll see you there John. Nice one.