NJPW World

Sphinx

18 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

Haven't seen the 47th Anniversary Show yet, but saw they're doing Ishimori vs Dragon Lee at MSG. That's going to be a great match

Bandido has now been added to the match.

El Phantasmo has joined Bullet Club.

Also if anyone has the time they should really watch Juice Robinson Vs Chase Owens and Yuji Nagata Vs Tomohiro Ishii from today’s 1st round of the New Japan Cup, both great matches.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

1st round done, here is the 2nd round line up

Yoshi Hashi Vs Chase Owens

Taichi Vs Tomohiro Ishii

Mikey Nicholls Vs Kazuchika Okada

Will Ospreay Vs Lance Archer

Kota Ibushi Vs Zack Sabre Jr

Hiroshi Tanahashi Vs Taguchi

Colt Cabana Vs Toru Yano

Minoru Suzuki Vs Sanada

Edit: Correct line up

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

1st round done, here is the 2nd round line up

Yoshi Hashi Vs Taichi

Chase Owens Vs Tomohiro Ishii

Mikey Nicholls Vs Kazuchika Okada

Will Ospreay Vs Lance Archer

Kota Ibushi Vs Zack Sabre Jr

Hiroshi Tanahashi Vs Taguchi

Colt Cabana Vs Sanada

Minoru Suzuki Vs Toru Yano

If we're going by the bracket, that's actually going to be Cabana vs Yano and Suzuki vs SANADA.

HASHI and Chase winning has upset my pick'ems, otherwise I've got every match result correct so far. Not bad.

Today was a fun set of matches, but the real winner was yesterday's card which had three killer bouts (Sabre Jr/EVIL, Shota/Tanahashi and Ibushi/Naito). On the subject of EVIL vs Sabre Jr, the amount of chemistry that those two have together is incredible!

• Paid Members
On 3/7/2019 at 9:48 PM, Snitsky's back acne said:

I'm sure I saw that Liger was planning to travel the world before retiring.
Given how vital the UK was to his development and how long he spent working here I'd be shocked if we didn't see him at least once over here.

I imagine he'll be working the NJPW UK show, and maybe another RevPro show or two before he's done. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Anyone get NJPW London tickets in today's presale? Got a single in Block 213 - wanted the cheapest possible :D

We got 5 tickets together in 212. Probably not the best view, but fuck it, it'll still be fun!

9 minutes ago, mim731 said:

We got 5 tickets together in 212. Probably not the best view, but fuck it, it'll still be fun!

Nice one! Yeah I'm going alone (feeling brave but may want some company when it comes round to it haha) and have no expectations, but hoping I'll have a laugh and a few beers nonetheless. Seeing Okada and Tanahashi live for £35 seems a great deal to me.

• Paid Members

Managed to get a floor seat in block D. Its the first wrestling event I've been to in years, but couldn't miss out on the chance to see Okada/Naito/Tanahashi in person.

I might have gotten closer tickets if my boss didn't decide to come over to my desk bang on 12 to tell me something of absolutely no interest to me when I had everything set up in my browser ready to buy.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Harvey Dent said:

I managed to get front row for London, well pleased.

That sounds amazing! In the end we couldn't justify the cost for lower down tickets, so we decided to go further back. Having been in the Copper Box for the Olympics in 2012, I remember there are no bad seats!

9 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Nice one! Yeah I'm going alone (feeling brave but may want some company when it comes round to it haha) and have no expectations, but hoping I'll have a laugh and a few beers nonetheless. Seeing Okada and Tanahashi live for £35 seems a great deal to me.

Remind me nearer the time (my brain is like a sieve since we had a baby) but I'll try and catch you for a beer in the break or something if possible!

I went for the lower bowl so I'm just slightly elevated above any tall people in the floor seats. I think I'm dead central, too, so it should be an excellent view. Now all I have to do is... erm... learn almost anything about New Japan! Well, beyond the stars. And even if I don't know exactly what's going on, I'm sure it'll be a great night of wrestling anyway. My one wish now is that Ibushi's announced at some point.