NJPW World

Sphinx

Sho's winning this next year isn't he?

3 nights in and Sho seems to be the guy whose stock looks to be going up most. He's not winning but they're doing their damnedest to make sure he looks good coming out the other end. Poor Yoh, do you think he looks at Yujiro and thinks, ā€That's me in 5 years."?

46 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Yea, heā€™s the cruiserweight champion there.

Cheers, knew he was facing Starr last week but hadnā€™t seen the resultĀ 

• Paid Members

Day 2 featured one of my big wrestle hates in ELP vs Bandido; no selling Canadian Destroyers. That shit should still be a finish. Also ELP killing Bandido's super finish sucked bad. Pointless.

So yeah, Day 2 was bleh.

Day 3 though...shit hot! Damn, how fucking good is A Block? SHO vs Dragon Lee and Titan vs Shingo are essential BOSJ viewing.

In case anyone's interested, RevPro opened pre-sale today for their show that's happening the night before Royal Quest. No idea whether they'd do anything consequential, but you'd have to imagine there'd be some NJPW talent on show. Noon on Monday for general sale.

BOSJ standings beginning to take shape now...

A Block

Shingo Takagi 16

Taiji Ishimori 14

Dragon Lee 12

Marty Scurll 10

Sho 8

Jonathan Gresham 8

Kanemaru 6

Tiger Mask 4

Titan 4

Taka Michinoku 0Ā 

B Block

El Phantasmo 10

Robbie Eagles 10

Will Ospreay 10

Taguchi 10

Bushi 8

Yoh 8

Rocky Romero 6

Bandido 6

Douki 2Ā 

Ren Narita 0

Standings updated from Night 11

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• 2 weeks later...

Theyā€™ve been showing that vignette at New Japan shows for what feels like the past 2 months hyping the US title match against Juice Robinson at the BOSJ Final without the Mox reveal at the end.

Huge coup for them, heā€™s definitely beating Juice for the title, I just hope he also wrestled the likes of Okada, Ishii, White, Suzuki and more before heā€™s done as the US title has kinda been exclusive to the Gaijins and I donā€™t see him doing tours over there.

Itā€™s a shame Ospreay is such a twat because heā€™s been putting on amazing performances in every match of this tournament.

Rocky Romero/El Phantasmo is definitely the highlight of this years BOSJ for me.

Edited by TildeGuy~!