NJPW World

Sphinx

Yep this is Shingo’s move to Heavyweight he said after the match he doesn’t want to be restrained from working both divisions so maybe there’s some room for him as well as Ospreay in the G1, with Hiromu coming back soon and Bushi getting a decent G1, LIJ doesn’t need 3 Juniors in their ranks.

Moxley is gonna destroy Young Lion Shota in the opener isn’t he? 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Ospreay is another level. Not much more I can add to the comments. Incredible.

Moxley. That was brilliant. Great to see him off the leash and adding other elements to his character. I have always liked him, but by god some of he shit he's been in in the last few years really tempered him to me. I hope this new opportunity is the rebirth he needs.

21 minutes ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Does anyone know what time Royal Quest is estimated to finish? I know doors are at 4pm with the show starting at 6, but didn't want to count on it being done by, say, 9pm for trains unless there's some sort of evidence that would back that idea up.

Based off of absolutely nothing, I’m reckoning either a 9:30pm finish, but 10pm could be just as possible.

If you get on over to Trivago, you can still get decent for central London prices for a room. I got into an ibis in Whitechapel for £65, which would’ve been £56 if I paid upfront. Involves a bit of getting around on the tube, but I think that’s as good a price you’ll find for a Saturday night without resorting to a hostel or a cupboard 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Watched the finals yesterday. The Shingo / Ospreay match was absolutely incredible. Loved Moxley / Juice also.

Mox's booking for Dominion is a strange one though....

2 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

Mox's booking for Dominion is a strange one though....

It’s perfectly fine.

He was a late addition to the card, he has no current feud, so there’s no point throwing him in to a tag match on the show.

Jon Moxley and Shingo Takagi confirmed for the G1! One step away from that Moxley/Suzuki match I’ve wanted, please be in the same block!

Kenta has signed for New Japan too and is also in the G1, it’s gonna be stacked this year! Really looking forward to next month and the block announcements in a few weeks time.

Ospreay/Dragon Lee was great, I guess Ospreay won’t be in the G1 now with all of these announcements.

Naito/Ibushi doing their best to break each other’s necks was so hard to watch after the German on the apron, no idea what Ibushi’s body is made of, I don’t want to see these 2 kill each other again for a while.

Jericho/Okada went on for far too long, he was kept protected though so he can have another match with Okada in the future and also now beginning his feud with Tanahashi. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Jon Moxley and Shingo Takagi confirmed for the G1! One step away from that Moxley/Suzuki match I’ve wanted, please be in the same block!

Kenta has signed for New Japan too and is also in the G1, it’s gonna be stacked this year! Really looking forward to next month and the block announcements in a few weeks time.

Ospreay/Dragon Lee was great, I guess Ospreay won’t be in the G1 now with all of these announcements.

Naito/Ibushi doing their best to break each other’s necks was so hard to watch after the German on the apron, no idea what Ibushi’s body is made of, I don’t want to see these 2 kill each other again for a while.

Jericho/Okada went on for far too long, he was kept protected though so he can have another match with Okada in the future and also now beginning his feud with Tanahashi. 

I agree on all of this apart from the last paragraph. I felt like the main event flew past! How long was it?

Some thoughts from what I saw...

1) Okada vs Jericho - ***3/4 - it was fine but Jericho can't go as much as he once did. Meltzer will no doubt bestow this with a 4 1/2 star rating but for me it was just above average and went way too long. If you cut out Jericho's taunting the audience and the outside stuff (which is never good unless done really well) you get a very average bout. Okada was on form as usual but Jericho needs to bring it if he is going to have these main events. 

2) Ibushi vs Naito - ****1/2 - enough now, just stop. We get you are 'tough' but then so was Misawa and he died due to cervical damage. If Ibushi (in particular) wants to be walking around at 40 he needs to tone this nonsense down. The match was a brilliant display but the neck drops aren't needed in wrestling today and they can both do SO much more without resorting to dangerous stunts. If the audience feels uncomfortable watching a match that doesn't make it good, it makes it reckless. 

3) Taichi vs Ishii - *** - again this was okay. The match heating up nearer the end was nice and Ishii really is a beast. I enjoy most of his matches and the story was told well here. Glad of the outcome.

4) Shingo vs Kojima - ***- Shingo is going to be a huge asset to the company and I really liked how he struggled in a heavyweight match. NJPW can tell a superb story of him having to pull out the stops to hang with the heavyweights. Kojima was motivated which helped.  

5) Moxley vs Umino - ** - Standard fare here. Moxley showing off his wrestling skills and getting the win. Glad he is coming to G1 and we will see how well he copes with the hard schedule. I look forward to Moxley vs Okada, Tanahashi or Suzuki.

KENTA being bought it was a nice touch but damn he better get into better shape for the G1. We need old, quick and hard hitting KENTA not sluggish Itami.

All in all what I saw was fine. I am not one to throw the snowflakes around like confetti. I am not a fan of Tonga and Loa at all which is why I skipped that and I went out before Ospreay vs Lee. 

They need to get with it and announce some more talent for Royal Quest. Nice that it was mentioned though.